What is Smartinf.ru?
Smartinf.ru, also known as 2inf.net and Funday24.ru, is classified as a browser hijacker. It is aimed at Russian-speaking computer users. The main symptom of the hijacker is that it modifies your web browser settings. It causes other changes as well, most of which have to do with promoting its sponsors. The hijacker’s main aim is to boost web traffic, which is why it inserts adverts into your browsers, tracks your cookies, reroutes you to unknown domains, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these annoying symptoms, you will have to delete Smartinf.ru for good.
How does Smartinf.ru work?
The hijacker sets your home page and default search engine to Smartinf.ru as soon as it gets access to your system. The website itself is classified as potentially dangerous by different security tools. The reason it falls into this category is because it exposes you to unsafe ads and links. The page contains a search box, multiple links to articles, and several ads. We urge you not to interact with the site, if you do not wish to get rerouted to malicious websites containing various scams.
Other symptoms that you are likely to notice after Smartinf.ru takes over include it inserting adverts into all pages that you visit and redirecting you to its sponsor websites. This content cannot be trusted either. In addition to lowering your cyber security level, the hijacker also slows down your browsing speed and makes your PC work in a sluggish manner. Another aspect of the hijacker that you should know about is that it tracks your cookies. By doing so, it collects information about your Internet surfing habits. This data can be used for creating customized ads. It may also be sold to third parties. You should terminate Smartinf.ru without further delay and thus get rid of all of its disruptive symptoms.
How to remove Smartinf.ru?
In order to eliminate Smartinf.ru from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related program and restore your web browser settings. We advise that you implement a malware removal tool and have these tasks completed for you. If you download the anti-malware from our site, it will scan your PC, detect all unwanted components, and erase Smartinf.ru with them. In addition to Smartinf.ru removal, the utility will also shield your computer from other online parasites that you may have to deal with in the future. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions presented below the article and delete Smartinf.ru manually.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove smartinf.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall smartinf.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like smartinf.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall smartinf.ru and related programs.
Remove smartinf.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall smartinf.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete smartinf.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove smartinf.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for smartinf.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete smartinf.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase smartinf.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove smartinf.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall smartinf.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable smartinf.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.