Smartsputnik.ru Removal Instructions (Uninstall Smartsputnik.ru)
Smartsputnik.ru is an unreliable domain that is used as a means of distributing potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs. If you get redirected to this page at random, it means that you already have an adware application on your PC. Although this type of an application is not malicious, it still causes quite a few disruptions.
It injects fake ads into your browsers, causes redirects to unreliable sites, tracks your cookies, and more. There is no question that you should delete the adware from your computer as this is the only way to remove Smartsputnik.ru and other unwanted content from your web browsers.
Smartsputnik.ru will show you various fake adverts claiming that you should update your software, download a security tool, scan your PC, and so on. The only purpose of this website is to trick you into downloading even more unreliable programs onto your computer. If you agree to download an “update”, you will be acquiring ad-supported apps instead. The page may also present you with other scams aimed at extorting money from you or collecting your private information. You should not believe anything that is stated on the fake page or follow any of its instructions.
If you are not sure how you ended up with the ad-supported program on your PC, you should know that they usually travel in free software bundles. If you have recently installed freeware without paying attention to the installation process, this very well may be the reason you are now dealing with the unwanted program. During the installation process, users are often presented with additional offers. Unless you decline these offers, you agree to all of them automatically. To avoid that in the future, you should always pick the Advanced installation mode and deselect all applications that are unfamiliar to you. As for now, we advise that you focus on Smartsputnik.ru removal.
How to remove Smartsputnik.ru?
In order to delete Smartsputnik.ru, you will have to uninstall the application that is responsible for it. This can be done in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Manual Smartsputnik.ru removal requires you to uninstall the adware from your computer and make sure that its extension is deleted from your browsers. You can do that by following the instructions presented below the article. If, however, you decide that you want to not only terminate Smartsputnik.ru, but also make sure that there are no other threats on your PC, you should go with automatic removal instead. You can download the security software from our page and use it to clean your computer. It will not only delete Smartsputnik.ru related program and other unwanted components, but it will also keep your system safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Smartsputnik.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Smartsputnik.ru. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Smartsputnik.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smartsputnik.ru and related programs.
Remove Smartsputnik.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smartsputnik.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smartsputnik.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smartsputnik.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smartsputnik.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smartsputnik.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smartsputnik.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smartsputnik.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smartsputnik.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smartsputnik.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.