What is smp2.exe?
Smp2.exe is a file you might detect in C:ProgramData – %PROGRAMDATA%smp2.exe . A process having this name might also be visible in the Task Manager. Unfortunately, the presence of this file is bad news. As malware experts have revealed, this file, most probably, belongs to a Trojan infection that has entered your computer secretly and now is acting silently behind your back. Trojan infections are extremely dangerous threats that might cause many problems, so you should delete smp2.exe right now. This should help you to deactivate the Trojan infection that you have on your computer. Read this article to find out why you need to do that and what problems the presence of this Trojan can cause to your computer.
What does smp2.exe do?
Like all other Trojans, the one using the smp2.exe file is very dangerous. As our experts have found, it might change the default settings on all the browsers, it might generate annoying pop-ups and display them on your screen to redirect you to bad websites, it might download and install without your permission malicious software, it might slow down your computer and the Internet connection, and, finally, your private information might be stolen if you do not delete smp2.exe as soon as possible from your computer. As you can see, this Trojan infection can only damage your computer, so there is no point in keeping it on the system.
Where does smp2.exe come from?
All Trojan infections enter computers secretly, so do not blame yourself that you did not notice how it entered your system and could not stop it. Specialists say that these infections can enter after a user clicks on some kind of link, downloads bad software from the web, or opens a malicious email. As you can see, there is a number of ways these threats can enter computers, so it is not always easy, especially if a user does not have much knowledge about malware and its distribution, to stop them. A reputable anti-malware/anti-spyware tool can do this for you, so install one after you uninstall smp2.exe from your computer. Specialists say that users should also stop downloading programs from untrustworthy websites as well. This might help you to prevent future threats from entering the system.
How can I remove smp2.exe?
You probably already know that it is very important to uninstall smp2.exe and, as a consequence, erase the Trojan infection from the system fully. Unfortunately, it will not be easy to remove smp2.exe since Trojan infections are stubborn threats that try to stay on the computer by any means. The Trojan using smp2.exe acts exactly like those other Trojans, so we suggest that you do not even try to implement the manual smp2.exe removal. It is because this method requires knowledge about computers and malware. What you can do instead of this is to erase smp2.exe automatically. To implement the automatic smp2.exe removal, you should install a reliable antimalware tool first. Then, you will have to launch it to scan your computer against malware.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove smp2.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall smp2.exe. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like smp2.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall smp2.exe and related programs.
Remove smp2.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall smp2.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete smp2.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove smp2.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for smp2.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete smp2.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase smp2.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove smp2.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall smp2.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable smp2.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.