Snjsearch.com Removal Guide (Remove Snjsearch.com)
Snjsearch.com is a browser hijacker that looks exactly the same as the other hijackers of the Alexa family. It travels bundled with freeware and shareware that you can downloaded from sites like Downthat.com, and similar. Once inside, it changes your web browser preferences.
The hijacker can affect any browser including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. Its goal is to expose you to as much commercial data as possible. It employs pay-per-click system, which means that every time you click on one of its ads, the developers of the hijacker make money. They do not care about the fact that some of these adverts are unsafe. It would be best to delete Snjsearch.com from your browsers.
How does Snjsearch.com work?
The hijacker replaces your home page and default search provider with Snjsearch.com. This page contains nothing but a search box and links to License and Privacy. If you click on the Privacy link, you will find out that the hijacker belongs to IMALI -N.I. MEDIA LTD, a company that is also responsible for a variety of similar hijackers including Safebrowsesearch.com. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get rerouted to us.search.yahoo.com. It is important to bear in mind that these results may be altered to include sponsored links. That is why we urge you not to trust them blindly.
In addition to the unreliable commercial content that the hijacker floods you with, it also causes annoying redirects in the middle of your browsing sessions. You should not interact with the sites that you end up on mainly because they cannot be trusted either. You should not download any software or its updates from unfamiliar sources. You should also be careful with your personal data: do not share it on unreliable pages that pretend to promote surveys, lotteries, and so on. If you want to remove all of this suspicious data from your browsers, you have to terminate Snjsearch.com without delay.
How to remove Snjsearch.com?
You can choose from two options when it comes to Snjsearch.com removal – you can delete the hijacker manually or automatically. Manual removal option is not as reliable, however, if you choose to go with it, you can use the instructions prepared below the article. The instructions explain how you can uninstall the application that entered your computer together with the hijacker and then uninstall Snjsearch.com from your browsers. If you follow them carefully, you should not have any difficulties. Alternative solution is to eliminate Snjsearch.com automatically. This can be done by downloading the anti-malware tool from our site and using it to scan your PC. The scan will reveal all issues present in your system and delete Snjsearch.com along with them. It will also help you keep your computer protected from other infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Snjsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Snjsearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Snjsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Snjsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Snjsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Snjsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Snjsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Snjsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Snjsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Snjsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Snjsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Snjsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Snjsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Snjsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.