So-v.com Removal Tips
So-v.com, also known as Search.so-v.com, is an unreliable website that is classified as a browser hijacker. It was created in order boost online traffic of third party websites. Unfortunately, not all data that it shows you can be trusted. Interacting with the page could lead to various unwanted consequences including malware infections.
The reason you see this page in your browsers is because the hijacker got installed onto your PC when you were installing free software. If you want to delete So-v.com, and you should, you will have to uninstall the application that is responsible for it and reset your browsers.
It does not matter which web browser you use, because the hijacker is compatible with all of them including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others. The main symptom of the unwanted application is that it changes your browser settings and inserts various adverts, pop-ups, hyperlinks, etc. into your visited sites. Your home page and default search provider get replaced with So-v.com. This site may contain various unreliable adverts, which you should avoid at all cost. The same goes for other ads that you will encounter while surfing the Web. These ads will disrupt and slow down your online surfing. Worse than that, some of them will actually be fake. If you do not wish to risk your system’s safety, you should terminate So-v.com without hesitation.
Most computer users do not understand why their browsers were hijacked, because they do not remember installing the unwanted program. When you install freeware or shareware, you are usually presented with additional offers. These offers could be of adware, browser hijackers, and so on. There is nothing useful about these apps. You should avoid them in the future. You can do that by always choosing Advanced installation mode and deselecting all unfamiliar programs. As for now, we suggest that you focus on So-v.com removal.
How to remove So-v.com?
You can delete So-v.com manually or automatically. We advise that you go with the second option, because it is more effective and reliable. If you want to erase So-v.com automatically, you need to make use of a malware removal tool. The anti-malware utility, which you can download from our page, will scan your computer and find all of its issues. You will then be able to uninstall So-v.com together with other threats. Additionally, the security software will shield your PC from other Internet-based parasites. If, on the other hand, you decide to remove So-v.com manually, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related app and then reset your web browsers. Instructions presented right below can help you with both of these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove So-v.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall So-v.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like So-v.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall So-v.com and related programs.
Remove So-v.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall So-v.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete So-v.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove So-v.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for So-v.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete So-v.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase So-v.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove So-v.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall So-v.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable So-v.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- www xvidvideocodecs com v
- remove so-v
- remove so-v com
- how to remove so-v
- remove so v
- REMOVE SO
- how to delete so-v com
- so v remove
- Www so v
- www xv
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.