What is Splintersearch.com?
Splintersearch.com is a dubious website, regarded as a browser hijacker. It uses software bundles to enter a computer and is usually not noticed by the user until it has hijacked his/her browser. The primary reason Splintersearch.com exists is so that it can generate traffic and make pay-per-click income. It will not harm your computer by itself but it can lead you to potential danger if you are not careful.
It will alter your browser’s settings and redirect you to sponsored websites. These redirects are not only annoying but they are also sometimes dangerous as you could be led to some infected web pages. If you were to enter such a website, you could end up with malware. A mere browser hijacker is not a very serious issue but malware would be. You need to remove Splintersearch.com as soon as possible and not delay this.
Why should you delete Splintersearch.com?
Browser hijackers use software bundles to enter systems as no user would willingly install it. Basically, Splintersearch.com was attached to free software and when you were installing that software, you installed Splintersearch.com as well. This could have been prevented if you opted for Advanced (Custom) settings, instead of Default. The latter installation mode does not allow you to deselect anything, nor does it inform you of any added items. Advanced, on the other hand, will allow you to view all added items. If there is something you do not want, you can deselect it. If you had done this, then you would not need to worry about having to delete Splintersearch.com from your computer.
Splintersearch.com looks like an edgy website and besides the logo, it only contains a search bar. This is the website you will see every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. This happens because Splintersearch.com has altered your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are carried out without your knowledge and explicit permission. You might also not be able to change the settings back, unless you first uninstall Splintersearch.com. The search bar on Splintersearch.com will lead you to search.snapdo.com, and the search engine inserts sponsored websites into the results. This is done so that you would be tricked into visiting sponsored websites and so that Splintersearch.com can generate pay-per-click revenue. It might also be able to lead you to questionable websites where you could obtain malware if you are not careful. For these reasons, you should remove Splintersearch.com.
Trying to uninstall Splintersearch.com might be difficult because it might be hard to locate. In case you do not think you can erase Splintersearch.com manually, employ a reliable removal tool to do it for you. If you do, it will be able to take care of Splintersearch.com removal in no time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Splintersearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Splintersearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Splintersearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Splintersearch.com and related programs.
Remove Splintersearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Splintersearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Splintersearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Splintersearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Splintersearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Splintersearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Splintersearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Splintersearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Splintersearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Splintersearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.