Srptm.exe Removal Instructions
Digitally signed by ReSoft Ltd., srptm.exe is an executive file which belongs to a browser hijacker known as Snap.do. Users should be able to find this file in C:Program Files (x86)LPT directory. The approximate size of the file is 13 KB, however keep in mind that the intrusive hijacker creates more files than just this one.
The only way to delete the hijacker is to make sure that you remove srptm.exe and all its other files as well. In the following report, you will find out why we urge you to get rid of srptm.exe and the associated application as soon as possible.
What does Snap.do do?
First of all, you should know that the application is installed as a toolbar in your computer. Upon the infiltration the intruder makes Snap.do your new home page and default search tool. We strongly advise not to trust the presented search tool, since it is known for providing users with sponsored search results. Since hijackers earn money for every click on the promoted links, they make sure that you have an opportunity to choose them by mixing those links with your search results. Unfortunately, we must inform you that the affiliate parties that own these links are not trustworthy. It is possible that after tapping one of them, you will be routed to a suspicious website and encounter cyber crooks. Needless to say, such excursions often result in malware infection. To keep your system safe, we recommend to delete srptm.exe and the associated hijacker.
As we said the hijacker will enter your computer as a toolbar. The tool itself presents various quick access buttons, however, bearing in mind the suspicious nature of the software, we advise to stay away from them. To make sure that you do not need to erase srptm.exe related application again in the future, you should learn how to prevent it from infiltrating your PC. Since hijackers are usually distributed alongside free of charge programs from unreliable sites, you will be much safer, if you use only the official pages. However, if you do not wish to change your sources, at least pay more attention to freeware installations. Select Advanced or Custom option and deselect all additional applications.
How to uninstall srptm.exe?
In order to terminate srptm.exe, we recommend to employ an authentic computer security tool. An anti-spyware will not only terminate srptm.exe related application, but will also ensure that your system is safe from similar threats in the future.
For users who would like to take care of srptm.exe removal by themselves, we can help by providing instructions on how to eliminate the intruder. However, we warn you that manual srptm.exe removal is not always successful which means that in the end you may still need to purchases an anti-spyware.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press Start and navigate the cursor to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and uninstall srptm.exe (and the associated application).
- Access Start menu on the Taskbar and click Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and remove srptm.exe (and the related hijacker).
- Tap Windows key + R at the same time and type in Control Panel.
- Press Enter and select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall srptm.exe and the related browser hijacker.
Eliminate srptm.exe from your browsers
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A and move to Extensions.
- Delete unreliable extensions and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- Go to the General tab and change/remove the home page.
- Click OK and leave the menu. Choose the icon in the search box and pick Manage Search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search tool and select your new default search engine. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Access Extensions and eliminate the unwanted extensions.
- Select Settings and move to Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Click Set pages, delete this home page and choose a new one.
- Tap OK and go to Manage Search Engines. Remove the current search engine and pick a new one.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
- Click Alt+X and move to Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, erase all unwanted extensions.
- Press Search Providers and overwrite the search engine.
- Save changes and leave the window.
- Tap Alt+X and move to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and choose a new one.
- Click OK.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Srptm.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Srptm.exe. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Srptm.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.