What is .srpx Ransomware?
.srpx Ransomware is a new ransomware that is currently targeting China. Usually, computers get infected due to careless actions of the user when browsing the internet and downloading untrustworthy software. What .srpx Ransomware does is once it gets on your system, it searches for certain files, and encrypts them .
The right way to deal with this virus is to delete .srpx Ransomware as quickly as possible. It goes without saying that criminals are not obligated to actual give you the decryption key so it is suggested that users erase .srpx Ransomware without paying attention to their demands.
How does it spread?
.srpx Ransomware spreads like any other ransomware, because of poor browsing habits. There are many websites with malicious malware just waiting to infect your computer and once users enter them, the viruses automatically download onto the computer. Clicking on ads and banners can also lead you to those pages and infection is highly likely.
Spam emails are also one of the main ways ransomware spreads. You get an email with an attachment, download the file and that’s all it takes. Your computer is now infected and .srpx Ransomware removal can be tricky.
User should be very careful when installing unknown software and opening emails. If you do not want to go through the trouble of loosing your files and having to delete .srpx Ransomware, take this advice seriously.
What does .srpx Ransomware do?
The reason why you really do not want .srpx Ransomware to invade you computer is because it takes hold of your files. Once .srpx Ransomware is on your computer, it finds certain files, be it audio, text, image or video, encrypts them and adds the ..srpx extension. The files then become unreadable. A message in English will pop up on the screen saying that you have been hacked and to contact them if you want to get your files back. Unlike most ransomware, .srpx Ransomware does not specify the sum of money you need to pay or even if you need to pay at all. You are asked to contact them through email or Skype to find out what to do. We advise you to refrain from contacting them and terminate .srpx Ransomware instead.
.srpx Ransomware removal
It is recommended to remove .srpx Ransomware using malware removal software. By no means should you pay the criminals if asked for money and should instead get rid of .srpx Ransomware. Paying might seem like the easiest option but there is no guarantee that you will be given the decryption key. Instructions on how to remove .srpx Ransomware encrypted files will be provided bellow.
Users are also strongly advised to have backup for all files because .srpx Ransomware encrypted file restoration can be possible only if you get the decryption key.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .srpx File VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .srpx File Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .srpx File Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete .srpx File Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .srpx File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .srpx File Virus
Remove .srpx File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .srpx File Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .srpx File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .srpx File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.