What is Start.dealrecovery.com?
Start.dealrecovery.com, also known as Search DealRecovery, is categorized as a browser hijacker. It is promoted as a user-friendly navigation that can improve your online search experience. In reality, however, it is nothing more than a yet another hijacker that aims at making profit for its developers. It not only changes your browser settings, but also causes other disruptions like flooding you with advertisements, tracking your cookies, redirecting you to its sponsor sites, and more. There is no reason why you should tolerate that. We advise that you terminate Start.dealrecovery.com as soon as you can.
How does Start.dealrecovery.com work?
After the hijacker infiltrates your computer (most likely through a freeware bundle), it modifies your web browser settings. Your home page and default search engine get switched to Start.dealrecovery.com. This website does not look any different from a number of other search portals. It presents you with a search box and such parameters as Web, Image, Video, News, and Map. When you enter a query into the box, you get rerouted to Google. Clearly, you do not need to go through the hijacker to use Google Search.
Other changes that the hijacker makes mostly have to do with exposing you to advertising data. The adverts will appear not only on the hijacker’s main page, but on other sites that you visit as well. You will see banners, hyperlinks, coupons, pop-ups, and so on. Some of these adverts will be based on your surfing history. This information is collected by the hijacker with the help of tracking cookies. Please note that even the ads that look especially relevant may be fake. Clicking on fake advertisements may result in serious troubles. If you wish to avoid them, you should waste no time and delete Start.dealrecovery.com without hesitation.
How to remove Start.dealrecovery.com?
There are two options for you to choose from, when it comes to Start.dealrecovery.com removal. You delete the hijacker manually or automatically. If you decide to erase Start.dealrecovery.com manually, you will have to uninstall its related app and extension (Deal Recovery), and then fix your home page and default search settings. Manual removal guide is presented below the article for your convenience. If, on the other hand, you choose to eliminate Start.dealrecovery.com automatically, you will need a malware removal tool. The anti-malware utility presented on our page can be used to remove Start.dealrecovery.com and clean your system from other potential threats. In addition to deleting the unwanted files and programs from your PC, the security tool will also keep it protected from other infections you may catch online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove start.dealrecovery.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall start.dealrecovery.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like start.dealrecovery.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall start.dealrecovery.com and related programs.
Remove start.dealrecovery.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall start.dealrecovery.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete start.dealrecovery.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove start.dealrecovery.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for start.dealrecovery.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete start.dealrecovery.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase start.dealrecovery.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove start.dealrecovery.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall start.dealrecovery.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable start.dealrecovery.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.