What is start.siviewer.com?
start.siviewer.com does not differ much from other members of the browser hijacker category. It infiltrates browsers and alters their settings without the user’s permission. The main goal of the unwanted app is to make money for its creators. It does so by not only modifying your preferences, but also by flooding you with various ads, causing redirects to its sponsor sites, and so on. The hijacker affects all well-known browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms no matter which one of them you use. The only way to go back to your previous settings is to terminate start.siviewer.com.
How does start.siviewer.com work?
The question that may be on your mind is how the hijacker ended up in your system at all. The answer to that question is rather simple: most browser hijackers use the bundling distribution method to enter computers unnoticed by the user. By attaching themselves to freeware and shareware, unwanted programs manage to sneak into PCs, because users rarely pay careful attention to the installation process. That, however, is a mistake. Nowadays almost all free software comes with additional offers of unnecessary applications. If you decline these offers, you will be able to keep your computer safe from these apps.
Once inside, the hijacker replaces your home page and default search engine with start.siviewer.com. This site will present you with sponsored search results. Moreover, the hijacker will insert advertising content into all pages that you visit. It will become impossible for you to surf the Web without dealing with never-ending pop-ups, banners, video ads, coupons, and so on. As there is no way to be sure of the safety of these adverts, we advise that you continue ignoring them until you eliminate start.siviewer.com from your browsers.
How to remove start.siviewer.com?
In order to complete start.siviewer.com removal, you will have to choose between two possible methods: manual or automatic. The second removal method is the superior one out of the two, because it allows you to not only erase start.siviewer.com, but to eliminate other threats from the system as well. By implementing the anti-malware from our site, you will ensure that your PC is infection-free and that it stays that way in the future. Alternatively, you can remove start.siviewer.com from your browsers manually. Instructions on how to do that are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them. Please note that before you can move on to restoring your browser settings, you have to delete start.siviewer.com related app from your computer. You can use the free scanner presented on our page to do so.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove start.siviewer.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall start.siviewer.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like start.siviewer.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall start.siviewer.com and related programs.
Remove start.siviewer.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall start.siviewer.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete start.siviewer.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove start.siviewer.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for start.siviewer.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete start.siviewer.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase start.siviewer.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove start.siviewer.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall start.siviewer.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable start.siviewer.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.