What is Startfenster.de?
Startfenster.de is a rather suspicious search engine, also classified as a browser hijacker. It will infect your computer via software bundles and once it’s installed, it will alter your browser’s settings. Without your knowledge, we might add. It exists to redirect you to sponsored websites so that it can generate pay-per-click revenue. So it’s not really useful to you. We should note that Startfenster.de seems to target German-speakers as the website is in German. That does not mean you cannon get infected, however. Thankfully, it’s not a malicious computer virus and will not endanger your computer directly. But its constant redirects will get on your nerves very quickly. Those redirects can also expose you to dangerous websites so we suggest you remove Startfenster.de as soon as possible.
Why do I need to uninstall Startfenster.de?
If you’re wondering how you got infected, it happened because you installed freeware and used Default settings. Free software usually has some sort of items attached to it and if you use Default settings, you allow them to automatically install. Those items are optional, however. And you can choose to not install them if you opt for Advanced or Custom settings. In those settings, you will be able to deselect all added items and the proceed with the freeware installation worry-free.
To be able to redirect you to sponsored websites, it need to hijack your browser. Once that has happened, your browser’s settings will be changed. It can affect all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari) and will set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Which means that every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to Startfenster.de. Unless you delete Startfenster.de, you might not be able to change the settings back. Startfenster.de provides a search engine and shortcuts to various websites. We don’t suggest you use the search engine. It will insert many sponsored websites into the results and you will end up on websites that have little to do with what you were searching for. You will have to go through many unrelated results just to find something at least a little bit relevant. So as a search engine it’s not very useful. It could also lead you to dubious domains, where you could download a malicious computer virus by accident. As you can see, it will not make your browsing better. So we suggest you remove Startfenster.de.
If anti-malware software is present on your computer, it should be able to delete Startfenster.de. Update the program and scan your computer. If it finds it, uninstall Startfenster.de. If you do not have such a program, you will have to take care of Startfenster.de removal yourself. If you follow our bellow provided instructions, you should be able to fully erase Startfenster.de from your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Startfenster.deUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Startfenster.de. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Startfenster.de and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Startfenster.de and related programs.
Remove Startfenster.de from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Startfenster.de from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Startfenster.de from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Startfenster.de from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Startfenster.de or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Startfenster.de from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Startfenster.de from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Startfenster.de from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Startfenster.de from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Startfenster.de and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.