What is StartPageing123.com?
StartPageing123.com is a browser hijacker that must have entered your computer via free software. This usually happens because users do not pay enough attention to how they install free software. Browser hijackers are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install without your explicit permission. It should be noted, however, that they are not malicious computer viruses. StartPageing123.com will not harm your computer directly but it might expose you to potentially dangerous content. Browser hijackers exists to generate pay-per-click income for sponsored websites, which means they hijack browsers and attempt to redirect users to those websites. You will also notice that it has made changes to all your browsers and you will have no recollection of agreeing to those changes. If you want to avoid possible run ins with serious malware, you should remove StartPageing123.com.
Why should you uninstall StartPageing123.com?
The reason StartPageing123.com is on your computer is because you carelessly installed free software that had StartPageing123.com attached to it. This is a very common scenario as many users are still not aware of unwanted items being attached to free software. It is referred to as the bundling method. In order to not allow these unwanted items to install, you need to choose Advanced or Custom settings. In them, you will be able to deselect everything that has been added to the free software you are installing. You probably ended up installing StartPageing123.com because you choose Default settings. Those settings do not even inform users of any added items, let alone allow you to deselect them. Always opt for Advanced and you will not have to worry about having to delete StartPageing123.com or similar.
Just like any other browser hijacker, StartPageing123.com will take over your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. When you open your browser, you will notice that you are led to StartPageing123.com. This happens because the browser hijacker has set itself as your homepage and new tabs. It should also be noted that you cannot undo the changes before you remove StartPageing123.com. The provided search engine will redirect you to Google.com so there is not use in using this hijacker. Just use Google. StartPageing123.com might also be collecting information about your browser habits, gathering data about what you search for and what kind of web pages you visit. While this is not sensitive data, you still do not want it to end up in questionable hands. What you should do is delete StartPageing123.com.
To uninstall StartPageing123.com, you have two ways. If you opt for automatic StartPageing123.com removal, you will need to obtain a reliable removal tool. If you do not want to buy such a program, you can also erase StartPageing123.com by hand. But you will have to locate it yourself, and some users struggle with that.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove StartPageing123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall StartPageing123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like StartPageing123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall StartPageing123.com and related programs.
Remove StartPageing123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall StartPageing123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete StartPageing123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove StartPageing123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for StartPageing123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete StartPageing123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase StartPageing123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove StartPageing123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall StartPageing123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable StartPageing123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remove startpageing123
- StartPageing123 Uninstall
- STARTpageing123 ERASE
- start pageing123
- delete startpageing123 from window s8
- remove start pageing123
- how to uninstall startpageing123 from internet explorer
- how to remove start pageing123
- how to delete startpageing123 in internet explorer
- startpageing123 what is it
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.