About this hijacker
Startsearch.co is a dubious website, promoted by a browser hijackers, also referred to as a redirect virus. Even though is called that, it’s not malicious software. It would be more suitable to call it a low-level infection because directly all it does is change your browser’s settings so that you have a different homepage and new tabs.
It would then proceed to redirect you to sponsored sites because that is one of the main reasons why it even entered your computer in the first place. The made changes are irreversible until you get rid of the hijacker so bear that in mind if choose to allow it to stay. A rather worrying feature of a hijacker is its ability to redirect you to malicious sites where you could run into malware. To lessen the possibility of you getting a serious infection, we suggest you delete Startsearch.co. And you need to pay closer attention to how you install free programs because hijackers use them to infect computers.
How would a hijacker infiltrate your computer?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software so you need to pay attention when installing it. When you set up freeware, always use Advanced or Custom settings. Only then will you be able to see what has been attached. If there is something, you will be allowed to deselect it/them. This can only be done in Advanced (Custom), so refrain from using Default, unless you enjoy having to remove Startsearch.co or similar over and over again. Do take our advise because otherwise you could be opening the door for all kinds of unwanted programs to enter your system.
Why uninstall Startsearch.co?
Browser hijackers are pests and are not useful to you in any way. This particular one will make changes to your browser and set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Seeing as these changes will affect all popular browsers, it will load every time you open Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The alterations are also irreversible until you delete Startsearch.co. Your new homepage looks relatively legitimate but if you do not remember installing it, do not use it or allow it to stay. It used a sneaky method for a reason. If you do use it, you will be taken to a weird page and may encounter sponsored content. Browser hijackers want to redirect you so they use search engines to make you click on links triggering the redirects. Some could even lead to malware, which could result in you getting malware onto your computer. We strongly suggest you remove Startsearch.co.
There are two ways to uninstall Startsearch.co, and you should choose the one suiting you the best. Manual Startsearch.co removal will take a bit more time and effort because you will have to discover the hijacker yourself. If you were to download anti-spyware software, it would make the process much easier as the program would do everything for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Startsearch.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Startsearch.co. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Startsearch.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Startsearch.co and related programs.
Remove Startsearch.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Startsearch.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Startsearch.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Startsearch.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Startsearch.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Startsearch.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Startsearch.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Startsearch.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Startsearch.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Startsearch.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.