Startsearch.info is a browser hijacker that advertises a questionable search engine. Startsearch.info is your typical browser hijacker and has no unusual features that would set it apart from thousands of other of the same kind. It will enter your computer using software bundles and proceed to make changes to your browser. Changes you did not agree to. While it is a very low-risk infection, you need to delete Startsearch.info as soon as possible. You will be exposed to sponsored websites and some of them might not be safe. You could end up on a malware-ridden site and pick up a virus while you are there. In any case, Startsearch.info is completely useless. You are better off using other search engines, and Startsearch.info removal would be the best course of action.
How does Startsearch.info spread?
Browser hijackers are typically distributed via free software bundles. If you install free software that has Startsearch.info attached to it, chances are, you’ll end up installing the hijacker too. In order to prevent it from installing, you need to deselect it. When installing free software, always choose Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be able to deselect what has been added. If, however, you rush through the process in Default settings, you’ll end up installing everything that has been added and will have to remove Startsearch.info or similar.
Why uninstall Startsearch.info?
As soon as it installs onto your computer, it will take over your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You will find that your homepage and new tabs have been changed to Startsearch.info. What will irritate your further is the fact that you cannot undo the setting changes without first having to delete Startsearch.info. You will be encouraged to use the provided search engine. If you do, you will quickly realize that it inserts sponsored sites into the results so that you would be redirected to sponsored websites. That is how Startsearch.info generates income for those sites. You might even be led to a dangerous web page where malware could be waiting for you. Browser hijackers have no value to users and just interrupt browsing sessions with unwanted redirects. If you care about your computer’s security and want to return to usual browsing, you need to remove Startsearch.info.
There are two way to uninstall Startsearch.info from your system. You can erase Startsearch.info manually if you can locate it. You will need to get rid of everything related to this hijacker. However, you can also employ a reliable removal tool and have it terminate Startsearch.info for you. Bear in mind that you must make sure to eliminate Startsearch.info fully so that it cannot renew itself and hijack your browser again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Startsearch.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Startsearch.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Startsearch.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Startsearch.info and related programs.
Remove Startsearch.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Startsearch.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Startsearch.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Startsearch.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Startsearch.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Startsearch.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Startsearch.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Startsearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Startsearch.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Startsearch.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.