Startup Maximizer Removal Tips
Startup Maximizer is promoted as a tool that can improve the performance of your computer by disabling unnecessary startup applications, cleaning your browser history and cache, eliminating outdated registry entries, and so on. Unfortunately, the software does not follow through on its promises.
It falls into the category of potentially unwanted programs and is similar to its other members like Smart Driver Updater, Driver Maximizer, and more. The unwanted application should not be trusted as it does not provide you with reliable information. Its free version aims at tricking you into upgrading the program, however, even if you do, you will not acquire a beneficial tool. We advise that you terminate Startup Maximizer right away.
How does Startup Maximizer work?
In case you do not remember installing Startup Maximizer onto your computer, it means that you acquired it unwittingly. The unwanted application travels in freeware bundles. It gets attached to free third party software and is presented in its installation wizard. The program is pre-selected, so unless you specifically decline its offer, it will get installed automatically. That is how potentially unwanted apps usually infiltrate computers without getting noticed by the users. You can avoid them by installing free software in the Advanced or Custom mode and deselecting all applications that are unnecessary to you.
Once the utility gets installed, it scans your computer for registry entries, temporary files and registry values, cookies, junk files, invalid shortcuts, and so on. The results of this scan are questionable to say the least. As their main purpose is to convince you that you need to purchase the full version of the software to eliminate these issues, it is rather likely that they are misleading. After the scan is complete, the application will also urge you to upgrade it by prompting you with false alerts. You should not fall for these scare tactics. We recommend that you delete Startup Maximizer as soon as you can.
How to remove Startup Maximizer?
Fortunately, the unwanted application is not malicious, which means that you can uninstall Startup Maximizer manually. A more reliable solution, however, would be automatic Startup Maximizer removal. There are several reasons for that. First, the so-called optimizer is likely not the only unwanted program in your system. If you make use of the anti-malware utility presented on our website, it will identify all unsafe components present on your PC. The remover will then remove Startup Maximizer and other found threats. Moreover, automatic Startup Maximizer removal ensures that your computer stays clean and safeguarded in the future as the security tool comes with various beneficial features including real-time online protection. Alternatively, you can delete Startup Maximizer manually with the help of the instructions we have prepared below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Startup MaximizerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Startup Maximizer. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Startup Maximizer and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Startup Maximizer and related programs.
Remove Startup Maximizer from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Startup Maximizer from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Startup Maximizer from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Startup Maximizer from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Startup Maximizer or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Startup Maximizer from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Startup Maximizer from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Startup Maximizer from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Startup Maximizer from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Startup Maximizer and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- počítačoví virus
- file extension DBS
- file extension jpg
- questionnaire for a advert
- remove startup maximizer
- startup maximizer
- startup remove
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.