What can be said about this hijacker
Str-Search Virus refers to a browser hijacker that will change your browser’s settings without permission and try to redirect you to sponsored websites. If it’s your first time encountering a hijacker, you may not realize what is going on when you open your browser and see a weird website loading. The hijackers changes your homepage with its promoted website so that it’s easier to redirect you and it can collect information about your online activities. While they aren’t dangerous infections, they aren’t recommended to keep around either. Thus, delete Str-Search Virus.
Hijackers are one of the most common infections around, and there are countless numbers of them. They may differ in some ways, but after a while, all hijackers seem essentially the same. They install without permission, change browser’s settings to display unwanted websites and then try to redirect you to sponsored content, not all of which is safe. Some hijackers can lead to malicious websites, which could prompt a malware infection to enter your computer. So, while hijackers aren’t dangerous themselves, they can still expose you to malware.
Hijacker spread methods
We mentioned above that hijackers install without permission, the bundling method is why that is possible. Hijackers, as well as other unwanted programs, are attached to freeware as extra offers, and they install alongside, unless you prevent it. Not many users do, simply because they do not pay attention to how they install programs. When installing something, make sure to read the information provided, as well as choose Advanced or Custom settings if they are available. Those settings will make all added offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them, which basically stops them from installing. After you have deselected all the offers, you can continue installing the program.
Why uninstall Str-Search Virus?
It’s very obvious when you are dealing with a hijacker because your browser’s settings are changed, and your homepage is replaced with a different web page. These changes could affect all popular browsers you have installed, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It should also be mentioned that the changes will be irreversible unless you first get rid of the hijacker because it will just reverse all your changes over and over again. Your new homepage will encourage you to use the provided search engine, which would be inserting sponsored content into the results. Be careful with those search results because they could lead to dangerous websites. They will primarily lead to sites whose owners want to make revenue, but stumbling on a malware-infected page is not impossible.
Depending on your experience with computers, you have two options when it comes eliminating the hijacker. If you would prefer to remove Str-Search Virus yourself, are can use the below provided instructions to help you. If the automatic method is more appealing, obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Str-Search VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Str-Search Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Str-Search Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Str-Search Virus and related programs.
Remove Str-Search Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Str-Search Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Str-Search Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Str-Search Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Str-Search Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Str-Search Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Str-Search Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Str-Search Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Str-Search Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Str-Search Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.