Surfvox.com Removal Tips (Delete Surfvox.com)
Surfvox.com is a tricky browser hijacker that gets distributed via torrent sites. It uses fake torrents in order to enter your computer without your knowledge. Once in the system, the hijacker alters your browser settings such as your home page and default search engine.
This is done in order to promote its associated websites. In addition to browser settings modifications, you will also notice that the amount of commercial ads you see online has dramatically increased. The main purpose of the hijacker is to generate web traffic, which is why it makes all of these changes. We recommend that you eliminate Surfvox.com from your browsers as soon as you can.
How does Surfvox.com work?
As we have already mentioned, Surfvox.com gets distributed with the help of fake torrents. One of these torrents is named Game of Thrones S04E09 HDTV x246-KILLER[ettv]. Clearly, if you see this torrent online, you will think that it contains an episode of the popular TV show. Unfortunately, if you actually download the file you will create a folder with a corrupted video and an executable file. The codec executable file may be named either DivX Player.exe or communitycodecs.exe. When you open the video, your player will crash right away and you will be urged to launch one of the codec files. By doing so, you will install Surfvox.com onto your computer.
Once the hijacker gets installed, it changes your home page and default search engine. All of your installed browsers will be affected by the unwanted application. The hijacker will flood you with commercial data no matter where you go online. You will see ads on its main site as well as in the search results that it will bring you. Not all of these advertisements can be trusted. We advise against clicking on them. If you want to improve your online security level, you should uninstall Surfvox.com without hesitation.
How to remove Surfvox.com?
Manual Surfvox.com removal is quite a complicated process. The hijacker does not have an entry in the installed programs list. This means that you cannot delete Surfvox.com via Control Panel. In order to remove Surfvox.com manually, you will have to end soundmngr process in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and delete the Soundmngr folder in AppData (click Start and enter %AppData%). Afterwards, you will also need to restore your browser settings. Instructions on how to do that are presented below. If you find manual Surfvox.com removal too complicated, you can always download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your system automatically. This is an easier and a much more reliable solution, which will also allow you to keep your PC safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Surfvox.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Surfvox.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Surfvox.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Surfvox.com and related programs.
Remove Surfvox.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Surfvox.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Surfvox.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Surfvox.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Surfvox.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Surfvox.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Surfvox.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Surfvox.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Surfvox.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Surfvox.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.