What is System Health Checker virus?
System Health Checker is a highly questionable browser extension that essentially forces you to install it. It is not malware, in the sense that it will not harm your computer directly, but it may perform various kinds of alterations to your browser. You can get it from dubious websites where you are suggested to install an extension that will supposedly make your browser better.
Suggested may not be the appropriate term in this situation as it will basically force you to install it if you end up a site that is promoting it. There are simple ways to avoid this, however, and it will be explained further on in the article. If you end up with this extension, you will realize that your default search engine has been changed and you are constantly redirected to Yahoo. The add-on should not be allowed to stay on your computer, thus you should uninstall System Health Checker virus as soon as possible.
Why delete System Health Checker virus immediately?
In addition to System Health Checker virus, you might also have adware on your computer. That is why you could have been redirected to a site that is forcing System Health Checker virus onto users. On that kind of site, a message would pop-up, suggesting you allow an extension to install. Whatever options you may get, whether it’s “OK”, “Add extension” or “Cancel”, we do not recommend pressing on any of them because it could trigger the download. When in a situation like this, it’s best you either close the tab or the browser all together.
It is not exactly clear for what purpose System Health Checker virus was created but it may be to generate income by exposing you to sponsored content. If it installs onto your computer, it will make changes to your Google Chrome browser and will force you to use Yahoo. Whenever you perform a search, whether it’s through the address bar or a search box, you will always be led to Yahoo. These changes are irreversible unless you first remove System Health Checker virus. As you know, Yahoo Search is a fully legitimate search engine and it should be safe to use it, but you are essentially forced to use it and you should not put up with it. Especially because it’s enforced by such a questionable extension. System Health Checker virus may be following your browsing sessions and collecting certain kind of information to share with third-parties with advertisements in mind. You really ought to uninstall System Health Checker virus.
System Health Checker virus removal
There are two ways to delete System Health Checker virus, manually and automatically. The former means you will have to find and remove System Health Checker virus yourself, which could prove to take longer than you expect. If you want the easy way, go with automatic System Health Checker virus removal. Obtain anti-malware software and have it erase System Health Checker virus for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove System Health Checker virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall System Health Checker virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like System Health Checker virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall System Health Checker virus and related programs.
Remove System Health Checker virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall System Health Checker virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete System Health Checker virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove System Health Checker virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for System Health Checker virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete System Health Checker virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase System Health Checker virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove System Health Checker virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall System Health Checker virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable System Health Checker virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.