What is Tab2play.com?
Tab2play.com is a browser hijacker that is a part of a potentially unwanted program called Tab2Play. This application belongs to InMind Inc. and is associated with Mindspark adware. It is promoted in Chrome Web Store, however, it may also travel in freeware and shareware bundles. The description of the software states that it is a new tab page that can help you access your favorite games more quickly. You will no longer need to wait for game downloads, registrations or logins. You should know, however, that changing your new tab is not all that the application will do. If you want to improve your online security, we suggest that you delete Tab2play.com from your browsers.
How does Tab2play.com work?
Tab2Play application gets distributed through Chrome Web Store and its official page, Tab2play.byinmind.com. If you download the software, your home page and new tab get switched to Tab2play.com, and your default search provider is replaced with Ask Search. Since the program is ad-supported, you will also notice that various advertisements, pop-ups, and banners appear on all sites that you visit. Keep in mind that the extension is not responsible for the promoted content in any way. This means that you click on it at your own risk. We advise that you do not interact with the hijacker’s adverts until you remove Tab2play.com, because they may be unsafe.
The website that now appears on your screen every time you launch your browser or click on a new tab, Tab2play.com, contains a toolbar, a search box, and quick access links to such popular pages as Facebook, Gmail, YouTube, Twitter, Wikipedia, Instagram, and some others. The toolbar that appears at the top of the page has such buttons as Play Now and Most Popular that lead you to various games. It also shows you the current weather in your location and has a search box. If you enter a query into the box, you get redirected to Search.ask.com as that is your new search provider. The results that you see on this site will include sponsored ads and links. If you want to go back to your original browser settings, you will have to get rid of Tab2play.com.
How to remove Tab2play.com?
You can eliminate Tab2play.com from your browsers by uninstalling it from your Extensions. Afterwards, you will also have to restore your home page and default search provider. In case you did not download the application yourself, you should also check your computer for potentially unwanted software. You can use the anti-malware tool in order to do that. It will scan your system, detect all potential threats and erase Tab2play.com along with them. If, however, you prefer to terminate Tab2play.com manually, you are welcome to use the instructions presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove tab2play.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall tab2play.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like tab2play.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall tab2play.com and related programs.
Remove tab2play.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall tab2play.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete tab2play.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove tab2play.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for tab2play.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete tab2play.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase tab2play.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove tab2play.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall tab2play.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable tab2play.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.