Taobao.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Taobao.com)
Taobao.com is a Chinese shopping website that may also function as a browser hijacker. The page presents you with lots of ads and links that lead to various shopping related pages. If Taobao.com appears on your screen each time you go online, it means that you re dealing with a hijacker.
Browser hijackers usually spread online through free software bundles and enter computers with ad-supported and potentially unwanted apps. They not only change your browser settings without your notice, but also flood you with unwanted advertising data. We advise that you terminate Taobao.com without further delay.
How does Taobao.com work?
As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker spreads online through free third party software. When you install it, you are usually presented with optional offers. These offers can be declined, however, most users do not pay attention to the installation wizard and thus install the potentially unwanted programs unwittingly. You should try to avoid that in the future, which you can do by installing freeware in the Advanced mode and deselecting all additional applications that are unnecessary to you. We assure you, you will not be missing out on anything useful.
Once the unwanted software gets installed, you will start noticing its symptoms right away. Your home page may be replaced by Taobao.com and you may get rerouted to this site from time to time. You may also see various adverts promoting this page and other websites. Keep in mind that there is no way to know whether the ads are safe or not as nobody monitors them. We urge you not to take any unnecessary risks and avoid clicking on all advertisements until you delete Taobao.com for good. Once you do, you will be able to surf the Web without any unwanted interruptions and slow downs.
How to remove Taobao.com?
You can delete Taobao.com and its related application manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with automatic Taobao.com removal option, especially if you think that you may have other unwanted apps in your system. If you download the anti-malware from our page, it will perform a system scan and detect all potentially dangerous components. It will remove Taobao.com along with them and ensure that your PC stays safeguarded from now on. Alternatively, you can eliminate Taobao.com manually with the help of the removal guide presented below the article. In case you are not sure, which program is related to the hijacker, you may want to use the free scanner from our site to identify it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Taobao.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Taobao.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Taobao.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Taobao.com and related programs.
Remove Taobao.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Taobao.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Taobao.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Taobao.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Taobao.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Taobao.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Taobao.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Taobao.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Taobao.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Taobao.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- unistall taobao com
- delete taobao
- taobao default google search engine
- taobao delete
- taobao search malware phone
- taobao web page ad remover
- taobao webpage add
- temove site taobao com
- who taobao virus
- taobao china software delete cookies
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.