About Team XRat Virus
Team XRat Virus is the new version of the Xorist ransomware. Like all ransomware, if Team XRat Virus enters your system, it scans for specific files and encrypts them. You will then find a ransom note with instructions on how to restore the files. The ransom note is in Portuguese, so it can be assumed that it targets computer in Portuguese speaking countries. The hackers want you to pay them and supposedly they would send you the decryption key.
The amount of money you need to pay is not stated in the note so presumably, if you were to contact them, they would tell you. There is no need to pay, you don’t even need to contact them. A decryption tool has been released and it safely restores your files. Even if there wasn’t a tool available, we would advise against paying. Hackers rarely give victims the decryption key after payment has been made. Remember, before you restore your files, you must remove Team XRat Virus.
How did I end up with Team XRat Virus?
Team XRat Virus uses many ways to spread, spam emails, peer-to-peer networks (Torrents), fake software updates. Never open weird spam emails with attachments. If you open an infected attachment, the ransomware will download onto your computer. It has also been reported that Team XRat Virus uses a rather unusual distribution method. Hackers try to manually install it by attacking computers with Remote Desktop Servers. If they successfully hack it, they can gain access to your computer. They can then manually install Team XRat Virus and encrypt your files.
What does Team XRat Virus do?
Once it gets on your computer, it will encrypt files using the RSA-2048 asymmetric encryption algorithm. When the encryption process is complete, victims will find a ransom note (Como descriptografar seus arquivos.txt) and the screen will change to a picture of people with Anonymous masks. Victims will be shown an email address, which they are supposed to use to contact them. If you were to contact them, they would try to sell you a decryption key. Fortunately, there is no need to pay them. A decryption key has been developed and can safely restore your files. As mentioned before, even if there was no decryption key, we would not recommend paying. Hackers usually just ignore victims after they pay. You also need to remember that you must delete Team XRat Virus before you recover your files.
Team XRat Virus removal
Manual Team XRat Virus removal can damage your computer, if you are an inexperienced user. Therefore, we suggest you use anti-malware software to delete Team XRat Virus. Instructions on how to remove Team XRat Virus will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Team XRat VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Team XRat Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Team XRat Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Team XRat Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Team XRat Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Team XRat Virus
Remove Team XRat Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Team XRat Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Team XRat Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Team XRat Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.