Teeion.com, also known as Atimkiem, is a dubious search engine that will hijack your browser if a certain browser hijackers has been installed onto your computer. If you delete Teeion.com immediately, you should not encounter any serious issues. In any case, a browser hijacker is not a malicious computer virus. It is a mere unwanted software that aims to generate pay-per-click income by redirecting you to sponsored sites. It will make unnecessary changes to your browser and set itself as your homepage. While the hijacker is not malicious, the pages it exposes you to may not always be safe. You could end up being redirected to malicious sites and accidentally download malware. If you wish to keep your computer virus-free, take the time to uninstall Teeion.com.
How does Teeion.com spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as optional items. When installing the free software, you need to pay attention to the process because if you do not, you will miss added items. They are set to install so if you miss them, they will install. Always choose Advanced or Custom settings and you will be able to deselect the added items. If you stick with Default, you will allow added items to install as they are not visible there. And you will have to remove Teeion.com in the future.
Why delete Teeion.com?
Teeion.com will become your homepage, new tabs and search engine on all browsers installed on your system, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These changes were carried out without your permission and cannot be undone unless you first uninstall Teeion.com. As soon as you open your browser, you will be led to Teeion.com and that might cause alarm bells to ring in your head. The website has a search engine and it says Atimkiem in big letters. Overall, it does not give the impression of a reliable search engine. It aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored pages which is why when you use the engine, you will encounter many advertisements pages. Visiting those pages is not suggested as they may not be safe. You could easily end up on an infected site. And you might accidentally pick up malware. Teeion.com may also be following your browsing sessions and collecting data about your interests and browsing habits. That information could be then be sold to questionable third-parties. Teeion.com does not sound like something you would want to have on your computer. We recommend you remove Teeion.com.
Browser hijackers can be difficult to locate which may make manual Teeion.com removal time-consuming and complex. We will provide instructions to help you erase Teeion.com but if you do not feel confident, you may need to obtain reliable removal software. The program would terminate Teeion.com and that would be the quickest way.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Teeion.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Teeion.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Teeion.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Teeion.com and related programs.
Remove Teeion.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Teeion.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Teeion.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Teeion.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Teeion.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Teeion.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Teeion.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Teeion.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Teeion.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Teeion.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.