Tencent Removal Guide (Uninstall Tencent)
Tencent, also known as Tencent QQ, is classified as a potentially unwanted and an ad-supported application. It belongs to a Chinese company called Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited. The setup package of the program is about 65 MB in size and its main executable file is QQUninst.exe.
The application travels in free third party software bundles and may enter your PC without your notice. It mostly spreads in China, the USA, and Canada, however, it may infiltrate your system no matter where you live. Although the software may be promoted as a useful tool, it is actually aimed at boosting online traffic and nothing more. We suggest that you delete Tencent from your computer as soon as you can.
Tencent is supposed to provide you with instant messaging services, however, it fails to do so. Instead, it bombards you with different types of adverts including pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, coupons, video ads, and so on. The adverts appear on your screen no matter which sites you visit. It also does not matter which web browser you use, because the adware is compatible with all major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others. In addition to slowing down your online surfing speed, the application also exposes you to unreliable content.
The advertisements that Tencent inserts into your visited sites are not endorsed by it, which means that you click on them at your own risk. They could be fake and lead you to unsafe webpages. If you land on a malign page, you may infect your computer with harmful programs or fall for other scams. The unreliable ads may try to trick you into wasting your money on non-existent products, share your private details in bogus lotteries or surveys, and so on. You should avoid clicking on all adverts that you see in your browsers until you remove Tencent for good.
How to remove Tencent?
Luckily, Tencent removal is not that complicated. You can uninstall the application manually or automatically. We recommend that you go with the second option as it is more beneficial. If you want to not only terminate Tencent, but also delete other unwanted files and programs from your PC, you will have to implement a malware removal tool. You can download the utility from our site and use it to scan your computer. The security software will delete Tencent along with other detected threats. It will also keep your system safe from similar and more dangerous online infections in the future. If, however, you decide to eliminate Tencent manually, you are welcome to use the instructions presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TencentUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Tencent. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Tencent and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tencent and related programs.
Remove Tencent from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tencent from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tencent from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tencent from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tencent or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tencent from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tencent from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tencent from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tencent from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tencent and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.