What is Teoma.com?
Teoma.com, also known as Teoma Web Search, is a browser hijacker that belongs to APN, LLC. It can alter your browser settings without your notice and cause redirects to various sites in the middle of your surfing. The hijacker is aimed at boosting web traffic, which is why it causes so many disruptions. It does not matter which web browser you are using, you will still notice its effects. There is nothing beneficial about the hijacker for computer users. If want to go back to your original search tools, you will have to get rid of Teoma.com.
How does Teoma.com work?
The hijacker replaces your home page, new tab, and default search engine with Teoma.com as soon as it gets installed. The website contains a search box and quick access buttons that lead to popular sites like Facebook, Gmail, YouTube, Twitter, Wikipedia, Instagram, and others. When you enter a query into the box, you get results that contain several sponsored links. Advertising content appears on other sites that you open as well. It consists of pop-ups, banners, hyperlinks, coupons, and other ads. Not all of these ads are safe. It may be difficult to differentiate between legitimate and fake ads, which is why we recommend that you stay away from all commercial data until you terminate Teoma.com.
The hijacker will also cause redirects and slow downs that will be difficult to ignore. Another annoying symptom of Teoma.com is that it tracks your cookies. This means that it records information about your browsing habits including your visited pages, made searches, clicked ads, and more. This data is used for marketing purposes like creating personalized adverts. It may also be sold to third parties. Although it is non-personally identifiable, there is still no reason why you should share it with unknown sources.
How to remove Teoma.com?
In order to eliminate Teoma.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall the application that entered your PC with it and then restore your browser settings. This can be done manually or automatically. We advise that you go with automatic Teoma.com removal option, because it is more reliable. If you use an anti-malware utility, you will be able to not only delete Teoma.com, but also clean your system from other threats. More that that, the security software, which you can download from our page, will keep your computer safeguarded in the future. Alternative solution is erase Teoma.com manually. In case you need more details on how to do that, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below the article. If you follow them carefully, you should not have any difficulties with this removal method.
Download Removal Toolto remove Teoma.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Teoma.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Teoma.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Teoma.com and related programs.
Remove Teoma.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Teoma.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Teoma.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Teoma.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Teoma.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Teoma.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Teoma.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Teoma.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Teoma.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Teoma.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.