What is TheBrowser?
TheBrowser is classified as a potentially unwanted application that has adware capabilities. It was created by Goobzo Ltd. using the Chromium platform, which makes its interface look rather similar to Google Chrome. It is also similar to other browsers based on the same engine like BoBrowser, CrossBrowser, Securor Browser, and others. Unfortunately, the application has quite a few flaws. If you have installed this program accidentally, we advise that you terminate TheBrowser without further delay.
How does TheBrowser work?
The application does not have an official page, where it could be downloaded. Instead, it travels in free third party software bundles. The bundling method is used by potentially unwanted programs, because it allows them to enter your system unnoticed. These programs are presented in the installation wizard as optional offers, so technically you can decline them. Most computer users fail to do so simply because they do not notice these offers. If you want to be sure that you install only the software of your choice, you should always select the Advanced or Custom installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you during the setup.
Once TheBrowser gets installed, it sets itself as your default web browser. It comes with pre-set home page and default search provider, www-mysearch.com. This site is known to function as a browser hijacker. It contains a search box with such parameters as Web, Images, Video, and News. The site looks a lot like Bing.com, and when you enter a query into its search box, it shows you Bing results. Clearly, there is no point in using it, when you can simply use the well-known search provider directly. Moreover, the browser also has adware installed on it. It has been linked to ShopperPro and YTDownloader Deals. You cannot trust the adverts that are shown to you by these extensions. The ads may be fake and they could lead you to unsafe pages. That is why we advise that you delete TheBrowser from your computer and go back to using a more reliable web browser.
How to remove TheBrowser?
You should be able to uninstall TheBrowser from your PC without much difficulty as it is not a malicious program. There are two options for you to choose from: manual or automatic removal. If you want to erase TheBrowser manually, you are welcome to use the instructions provided below the article. If, however, you prefer to go with a more reliable option and remove TheBrowser automatically, you can download the anti-malware utility from our page and use it to clean your computer. The security tool will not only eliminate TheBrowser along with other detected threats, but it will also safeguard your system from future infections you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TheBrowserUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TheBrowser. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like TheBrowser and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall TheBrowser and related programs.
Remove TheBrowser from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TheBrowser from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TheBrowser from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TheBrowser from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TheBrowser or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TheBrowser from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TheBrowser from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TheBrowser from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TheBrowser from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TheBrowser and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.