What is TheSearch.net?
TheSearch.net may look like a Windows 10 search tool, but it is actually nothing more than a browser hijacker. You should not be confused by its appearance, because the main goal of hijacker is to make money by presenting you with various ads. In addition to altering your browser settings, the hijacker also bombards you with adverts, causes redirects, tracks your cookies, and more. If you wish to go back to uninterrupted online surfing without having to deal with all of these annoying symptoms, you will have to get rid of TheSearch.net.
How does TheSearch.net work?
If you do not remember switching your home page to TheSearch.net, that is because you did not do it yourself. The hijacker has most likely entered your computer together with other freeware and got installed without your notice. That is what usually happens with potentially unwanted apps that come in free software bundles. If you wish to avoid similar programs in the future, you need to make sure that you always pay attention to every step of the installation wizard and decline all offers of unfamiliar programs.
The most obvious symptom of the hijacker is that it replaces your home page and default search engine with TheSearch.net. However, that is not the only modification that it makes. You are bound to notice that after the arrival of the unwanted app, you get flooded with ads no matter where you go online. It is also rather likely that you have experienced redirects and Internet slow downs. All of these symptoms are caused by the hijacker. Moreover, you should know that the hijacker lowers the safety level of your browsing as it presents you with ads that are not monitored by anyone. If you wish to ensure your PC’s security, you should delete TheSearch.net without hesitation.
How to remove TheSearch.net?
You can erase TheSearch.net from your browsers manually or automatically. Manual TheSearch.net removal can be completed by uninstalling the hijacker’s related app and altering your browser settings. If you follow the instructions presented below the article, you should have no trouble completing these tasks. Alternatively, you can terminate TheSearch.net automatically by using the malware remover from our site. The utility will scan and clean your PC completely. It will not only eliminate TheSearch.net, but it will also remove all other potential threats that it detects. In addition to that, you will not have to worry about various Internet-based infections as the anti-malware comes with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TheSearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TheSearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like TheSearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall TheSearch.net and related programs.
Remove TheSearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TheSearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TheSearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TheSearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TheSearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TheSearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TheSearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TheSearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TheSearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TheSearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.