What is Thinkzon.com?
If your browser settings have been modified by an unknown application and you now see Thinkzon.com as your home page, it means that you are dealing with a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers can not only alter your browser settings, but also cause other disruptions like inserting ads into your browsers, causing redirects, slowing down your surfing speed, tracking your cookies, and more. There is no reason why you should tolerate these inconveniences as there is nothing beneficial about the hijacker. We advise that you waste no time and erase Thinkzon.com as soon as possible.
How does Thinkzon.com work?
Thinkzon.com gets set as your home page and default search provider. It is filled with various advertising content like ads, links, and so on. We advise not to interact with this data as it may be unreliable. The same can be stated about the sponsored links that you will see in your search results. In general, you should keep in mind that none of the advertisements shown to you are monitored by anyone, so they could be fake. Clicking on them may result in malware infections, money losses, and so on, so it would be best not to take such pointless risks.
Other changes that you are likely to notice after the hijacker’s arrival is that it causes redirects in the middle of your browsing sessions and slows down your Internet surfing speed. The hijacker may also have a negative effect of your computer performance. It is important that you also know about it tracking your cookies. By collecting such data about you as your visited sites, clicked links, searched terms, etc., the hijacker may create personalized ads. They will appear especially useful to you, however, that does not mean that they will be trustworthy. If you wish to eliminate all mentioned symptoms of the hijacker, you should delete Thinkzon.com from your browsers without hesitation.
How to remove Thinkzon.com?
In order to erase Thinkzon.com, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. You can uninstall the hijacker’s related program and fix your browsers manually with the help of the instructions provided below the article. However, you should know that automatic Thinkzon.com removal is much more reliable. If you download the anti-malware utility from our page, it will scan your PC, detect all issues, and eliminate Thinkzon.com along with them. After Thinkzon.com removal is complete, the security tool will continue being useful by shielding your PC from various online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Thinkzon.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Thinkzon.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Thinkzon.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Thinkzon.com and related programs.
Remove Thinkzon.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Thinkzon.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Thinkzon.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Thinkzon.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Thinkzon.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Thinkzon.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Thinkzon.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Thinkzon.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Thinkzon.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Thinkzon.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.