What is thor file extension?
Thor file extension is a new ransomware type of virus. It’s not yet known how exactly you can get infected with thor file extension but it’s most likely via spam email. All you need to do is open an infected file attachment and then you’re in for a nasty surprise. This particular ransomware is extremely dangerous as file loss is highly likely.
What thor file extension does is, it encrypts files on your computer and then demands that you pay in order to decrypt them. You will see a ransom note with instruction on how to make the payment. It asks for a ridiculous amount and we think it goes without saying that you should not pay. It does not guarantee file decryption and it is an amount you do not want to lose. Delete thor file extension and do not look back.
How does thor file extension act?
We mentioned before that it might spread via spam emails. This is a very popular spread method because many users still open spam emails. Even though those emails usually end up in the spam folder, they seem very legitimate so users feel pressured to open them. The first sign that something is wrong is grammatical mistakes in the email contents. The sender pressuring you to open the attachment is another red flag. That’s all it takes, you press on the file attachment and the virus downloads onto your computer. Always double check the sender and the contents of the email before you open an attachment.
When it downloads onto your computer, thor file extension uses RSA-1024 encryption algorithm to make your files unreadable. It adds the .zn2016 file extension to all encrypted files so you know which files have been affected. Once that is done, you will find a ransom note with instructions on how to pay. The note will inform you of what has happened and how you should pay. Now, you should probably take a deep breath for this part. It asks that you pay 10 Bitcoins (almost$7400) to get a secret key to decrypt your files. This a very big amount compared to other ransomware but it gets even more ridiculous. If you want the decryptor, you’ll need to pay 100 Bitcoins (almost $74000). This is clearly unrealistic because no one would pay that much. Ignore all demands and remove thor file extension as soon as possible. If you have backup, you can get your files from there but you must first delete thor file extension from your computer.
thor file extension removal
There’s not much you can do if you get infected with this ransomware, only remove thor file extension. You need to use anti-malware software to safely erase thor file extension because manual thor file extension removal is too complex.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Thor File ExtensionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Thor File Extension. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Thor File Extension and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Thor File Extension using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Thor File Extension from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Thor File Extension
Remove Thor File Extension from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Thor File Extension
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Thor File Extension from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Thor File Extension from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.