About .thor File Virus
.Thor File Virus is yet another new version of the notorious Locky ransomware. If you are familiar with Locky and his other versions, Zepto, Odin and .shit file virus, then you must realize by now that .thor File Virus is no joking matter. .thor File Virus spreads via spam emails so if you have this ransomware on your computer, you must have opened a spam email attachment.
If you were to get infected, your files would get encrypted and the only way to get them back would be to either pay the criminals or get them from backup. We never suggest paying, no matter how money ransomware developers are asking for. The reason for that is because in a lot of cases, hackers just take your money and not give you a way to decrypt files. So remove .thor File Virus without mercy and then restore files from backup, if you have it. Please bear in mind that you must first delete .thor File Virus and only then restore files.
How does .thor File Virus spread?
Ransomware usually spreads via spam emails. Hackers infect a file, attach it to an email and send it to users. Those kinds of emails usually end up in the spam folder. They might be very official, seemingly coming from a company, your workplace or a government organization but you need to be really careful when opening spam emails. The sender might pressure you into opening the email attachment by saying it’s an important document or maybe it’s something you, supposedly, need to review. Never trust these kinds of emails and always double check that what you are opening is safe.
What does .thor File Virus do?
When .thor File Virus infects your computer, it uses RSA-2048 and AES-128 encryption algorithms to make your files unreadable. All encrypted files will have the .thor file extension so you will be able to tell which files have been affected. .thor File Virus generates two keys, public is for encryption, private – for decryption. Because you do not have access to the private key, the hackers will try to sell it you. A ransom message will appear with instructions. You will need to download the Tor browser and pay hackers 0.5 Bitcoins (more than $300). Ransomware developers are known to take the money and not give the decryption key in return, therefore, we can not recommend you paying the ransom. Unfortunately, when hackers say that you can only restore files with the decryption key, they are right. If you have backup, use it to restore your files. If you don’t, we suggest you invest in it. And don’t forget you must delete .thor File Virus.
.thor File Virus removal
We strongly suggest you use anti-malware software to remove .thor File Virus. Manual .thor File Virus removal can do serious damage to your computer so we suggest you do not risk it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .Thor File VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .Thor File Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .Thor File Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete .Thor File Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .Thor File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .Thor File Virus
Remove .Thor File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .Thor File Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .Thor File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .Thor File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.