About Thor Virus
Thor Virus is the new version of the infamous Locky ransomware. Ransomware type of viruses are incredibly dangerous as they encrypt your files and then demand money if you want to restore them. Sometimes malware researchers crack the ransomware and releases a decryption key. But Locky has been around for a while now and a decryption key is yet to be developed.
There’s high chance the same will happen with Thor Virus. Basically, Thor Virus is something you really do not want to have on your computer. Most users get infected when they open infected spam email attachments. And when they do, Thor Virus uses a complex algorithm to encrypt your files. The developers will then demand that you pay if you want a decryption key to be sent you. Sadly, in most cases, even if you pay, you won’t get the key. You’ll be just ignored. So you’re better off just ignoring the demands and taking care of Thor Virus removal.
How did Thor Virus infect my computer?
Thor Virus developers attach an infected file to an email and send it to unsuspecting users. Those emails usually look very official, might claim to be from a government organization and pressure you into opening the attachment. They usually end up in the spam folder but in case it doesn’t, you need to always be cautious about opening emails from unknown senders. Double check the sender and the contents to make sure that you can open it safely.
What does Thor Virus?
When Thor Virus downloads onto your computer, it will use the RSA-2048 and AES-128 encryption algorithms to encrypt your files. A ransom note will then appear and inform the victim of what has happened. The hackers will claim that the only way to decrypt files would be to buy the decryption key from them. Unfortunately, they are right. The only other way would be to restore your files from backup. The hackers will give you instructions on how to buy the decryption key. According to reports, the current price of the key is 0.5 Bitcoins (around $300). We cannot suggest you pay. As mentioned before, most hackers just ignore the victims after they pay, and there are no guarantees that the same thing will not happen to you. We think you should ignore the demands and delete Thor Virus. If you have backup, you can get your files from there. But if you want to do it safely, you first need to remove Thor Virus from your computer.
Thor Virus removal
Manually trying to delete Thor Virus is a bad idea because it could damage your computer. What we recommend you do is use anti-malware software to remove Thor Virus. Instructions on how to erase Thor Virus will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Thor VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Thor Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Thor Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Thor Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Thor Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Thor Virus
Remove Thor Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Thor Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Thor Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Thor Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
- how to remove thor virus
- thore virus
- cnet thor virus
- thor virus solution
- thor virus remover trial
- thor virus remove
- thor virus removal windows 7
- thor virus removal
- thor virus price
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.