Tika-search.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Tika-search.com)
Tika-search.com is a browser hijacker that can affect all of your browsers. It is compatible with all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. Regardless of which one of them you use, you will notice the effects of the unwanted application as soon as it enters your system.
The hijacker alters your settings, bombards you with ads, causes redirects, and so on. These actions are not beneficial to you in any. The only ones who benefit from them are the creators of the hijacker. If you wish to go back to uninterrupted online surfing, you should remove Tika-search.com right away.
How does Tika-search.com work?
Tika-search.com does not differ much from other browser hijackers. It replaces your home page and default search provider as soon as it gets access to your computer. The website itself presents you with a search box, search parameters, and a suspicious advert. We advise against clicking on it no matter what it promotes, because it may redirect you to an unsafe webpage. Unfortunately, the same can be stated about the sponsored ads that you will see in the search results brought to you by your new search engine.
Other symptoms of the hijacker are mostly aimed at promoting its sponsors. It will insert advertisements into all of your visited websites and redirect you to it associated webpages. Keep in mind that the advertising content that you get exposed to is not monitored by anyone. It could be fake and clicking on it could result in various unwanted consequences including malware infections and financial losses. There is no reason why you should take such risks. We urge you to eliminate Tika-search.com from your browsers. That way, you will be able to go back to your original settings and surf the Web without the unnecessary interruptions and slow downs.
How to remove Tika-search.com?
There are two options you can choose from, if you wish to delete Tika-search.com from your browsers. One of them is manual removal. It can be completed by uninstalling the hijacker’s associated program and its extension and then fixing your browser settings. Instructions presented in the manual Tika-search.com removal guide below the article can help you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can terminate Tika-search.com automatically by using a malware removal tool. The utility can be acquired on our page. It will scan your computer and detect all unwanted files and programs. The security software will delete Tika-search.com and other threats without any difficulty. It will also keep your PC protected from various infections you may catch while surfing online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Tika-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Tika-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tika-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Tika-search.com and related programs.
Remove Tika-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tika-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tika-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tika-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tika-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tika-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tika-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tika-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tika-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tika-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.