Tochki.ru Removal Instructions (Uninstall Tochki.ru)
Tochki.ru is a browser hijacker aimed at Russian-speaking computer users. It does not differ much from other members of this category. The hijacker alters your browser settings without your notice. In addition to that, it also inserts advertising data into your browsers and causes redirects to unfamiliar sites.
This is done to achieve the main goal of the hijacker, which is web traffic generation. By boosting online traffic, the developers of the unwanted application make profit. It may not be a malicious threat, but it does expose you to unsafe content. We advise that you delete Tochki.ru from your browsers and go back to your original preferences.
The hijacker affects all well-known browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. It replaces your home page and default search engine. The Tochki.ru website is presented in Russian. It contains a search box, such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, News, and Blog, and several ads. We advise avoiding the adverts, because they may lead you to unsafe websites. The same can be stated about the links in the search results. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get rerouted to Findes.ru. Not only will most of these results be irrelevant, but some of them will be bogus as well. You should not interact with them, if you do not wish to land on corrupted websites.
Tochki.ru does not hold any responsibility for the content that it shows you. If you click on one of the fake ads or links that it presents you with and end up infecting your PC with malicious programs or wasting your money on bogus shopping sites, you will not be able to blame anyone but yourself. There is no reason why you should take such risks. We advise that you terminate Tochki.ru and thus eliminate all of its symptoms including the ads, redirects, slow downs, tracking cookies, and more.
How to remove Tochki.ru?
In order to eliminate Tochki.ru from your web browsers, you will have to uninstall its associated program from your computer and restore your browser settings. You can complete these tasks manually or you can implement a malware removal tool and have them completed for you. If you choose the manual Tochki.ru removal option, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, on the other hand, you decide to remove Tochki.ru automatically, you will have to download and install the anti-malware utility from our page. It will scan your system, detect all unwanted components, and delete Tochki.ru along with them. It will also safeguard your computer from similar and more dangerous Internet-based infections in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Tochki.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Tochki.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tochki.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tochki.ru and related programs.
Remove Tochki.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tochki.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tochki.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tochki.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tochki.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tochki.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tochki.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tochki.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tochki.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tochki.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.