Topsearchsite.net Removal Instructions (Remove Topsearchsite.net)
Topsearchsite.net is a browser hijacker that is very similar to Expressfind.net, Goodasfound.com, Reeturn.com, Resultforquery.com, and some others. It changes your browser settings without your permission. This is done by the hijacker in order to promote its sponsors. That is how the creators of the unwanted program make profit.
The settings modification is not the only symptom associated with the hijacker. It will also show you advertisements, pop-ups, banners, and other types of commercials. We suggest that you terminate Topsearchsite.net without wasting too much of your time on it.
How does Topsearchsite.net work?
Topsearchsite.net gets set as your home page and default search provider as soon as the hijacker takes over. The page itself looks quite decent, so you may think that it is trustworthy. That is not the case. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with original results that will include sponsored links. Other commercial content that the hijacker is responsible for will appear on your favorite pages regardless of what they are. The page may have nothing to do with online shopping, but it will still contain ads. You may also get redirected to unknown sites when you click on a new tab. The reason you should stay away from all commercials that belong to the hijacker is because not all of them are safe. Some links may lead to corrupted pages, where you could infect your PC with malware or be presented with some other scam. If you want to better your online security level, you should delete Topsearchsite.net without hesitation.
Other symptoms linked to the hijacker are Internet slow downs and tracking cookies. The hijacker collects your non-personally identifiable information for marketing purposes. Moreover, the sites that it promotes may record your personal details, if you click on their advertisements. Privacy issues should be taken seriously. You should not share your data with unreliable sources under any circumstances. This is a yet another reason for you to erase Topsearchsite.net.
How to remove Topsearchsite.net?
In order to uninstall Topsearchsite.net, you will have to uninstall the software with which it entered your computer and restore your browser settings. If you want to delete Topsearchsite.net manually, you can use the instructions presented below the article. An alternative solution to manual Topsearchsite.net removal is to implement the anti-malware tool provided on our page. It will not only help you to clean your PC, but also to ensure that it stays that way in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Topsearchsite.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Topsearchsite.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Topsearchsite.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Topsearchsite.net and related programs.
Remove Topsearchsite.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Topsearchsite.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Topsearchsite.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Topsearchsite.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Topsearchsite.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Topsearchsite.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Topsearchsite.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Topsearchsite.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Topsearchsite.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Topsearchsite.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.