What is Topsocialtab.com?
Topsocialtab.com promotes a browser extension that belongs to Imali Media. The TopSocialTab extension is advertised as a search tab that can provide you with quick access to your social media needs. The application can be downloaded from the website, however, it is also known to spread online in free software bundles. It changes your browser settings upon arrival and causes other modifications that may not be very useful to you. If you wish to return to your previous preferences and eliminate other symptoms of the hijacker, you will have to delete Topsocialtab.com from your browsers.
How does Topsocialtab.com work?
Once the extension gets installed, it replaces your new tab, home page, and default search engine with Search.topsocialtab.com. The site does not provide any links to social pages, instead, it presents you with a search box and such buttons as Scan PC, Test Internet Speed, Scan Links, and Scan File. The worst part about it is that the Scan PC button actually reroutes you to a potentially dangerous website that is blocked by reputable security tools. It is clear that keeping a website that has links to unsafe domains as you home page is not a good idea.
You will notice other symptoms of the hijacker as well. Most of them have to do with advertisements. They will appear in your browsers no matter what sites you visit. You may also get rerouted to unknown portals. The hijacker takes these actions, because that is how it boosts web traffic of its sponsors. You should know, however, that the advertising content shown to you is not endorsed by the program. It could be false. The results of clicking on it could be very serious. You should not risk your online safety like that. Therefore, we advise that you terminate Topsocialtab.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Topsocialtab.com?
You can erase Topsocialtab.com from your browsers manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with the more effective solution, i.e. automatic Topsocialtab.com removal. That way, you will be able to clean your system from all unwanted files and programs. All you need to do is implement an anti-malware tool and let it do all the work for you. The security software is available on our website. If you use the utility, it will not only delete Topsocialtab.com, but it will also ensure that your PC stays safeguarded in the future. The alternative option is manual removal. If you decide to remove Topsocialtab.com manually, you can use the instructions we have prepared below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Topsocialtab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Topsocialtab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Topsocialtab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Topsocialtab.com and related programs.
Remove Topsocialtab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Topsocialtab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Topsocialtab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Topsocialtab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Topsocialtab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Topsocialtab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Topsocialtab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Topsocialtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Topsocialtab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Topsocialtab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.