What is Topsocialtabsearch.com?
Topsocialtabsearch.com is classified as a browser hijacker that takes over your browsers together with TopSocialTab extension. The extension is powered by Imali Media, a company that is responsible for numerous browser hijackers that look and act in more or less the same manner. The main purpose of these products is to generate revenue for the company. TopSocialTab achieves this goal by inserting advertisements into your browsers, altering their settings, causing redirects to its sponsors, and so on. If you wish to eliminate all of these symptoms and go back to normal online surfing, you will have to delete Topsocialtabsearch.com from your browsers.
How does Topsocialtabsearch.com work?
Potentially unwanted programs usually get distributed in free software bundles. That is most likely how you acquired TopSocialTab. The extension uses the bundling distribution method in order to get installed onto computers without the users’ notice. It is present in the installation wizard as an optional offer and if you do not notice it, you agree to it automatically. That is why you need to be especially attentive when installing freeware. Always choose the Advanced or Custom mode, so that you can deselect all unnecessary components from the wizard.
Topsocialtabsearch.com gets set as your home page, new tab, and default search provider as soon as the extension gets installed. The website presents you with a toolbar, a search box, and quick access links to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other popular sites. The toolbar has such buttons as Sports, News, Social, Shopping, and more. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get Yahoo Search results. They will include sponsored links. Other advertising data will appear on all pages that you visit as well. It is important that you know that none of it is endorsed by the hijacker. It could be unreliable, which is why we advise that you stay away from it. If you wish to improve your online security level, you should get rid of Topsocialtabsearch.com.
How to remove Topsocialtabsearch.com?
You can terminate Topsocialtabsearch.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal, you will have to uninstall TopSocialTab first and then move on to fixing your browser settings. Instructions presented in the manual Topsocialtabsearch.com removal guide below can help you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can eliminate Topsocialtabsearch.com by implementing a malware removal tool. The anti-malware is provided on our page. If you acquire it, the security tool will scan your computer, detect all threats, and erase Topsocialtabsearch.com together with other issues. More than that, the software will also keep your PC protected from other infections that you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Topsocialtabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Topsocialtabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Topsocialtabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Topsocialtabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Topsocialtabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Topsocialtabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Topsocialtabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Topsocialtabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Topsocialtabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Topsocialtabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Topsocialtabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Topsocialtabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Topsocialtabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Topsocialtabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.