What is Torpedo Deals?
Torpedo Deals should save users’ time and money by providing coupons and letting users know about the latest deals. That is why some people go to install this program themselves. Despite the fact that this program is promoted as a legitimate application, in reality, it is called an advertising-supported application because it does not do anything except from displaying advertisements for users. They are shown on the start page the application sets on browsers, and they might appear from time to time on the search results page displayed for users when they use the search box located on the Torpedo Deals page. Advertisements usually look harmless, but it is clear that they might become really dangerous. Let’s find out more about the dangers that lie inside advertisements.
What does Torpedo Deals do?
Torpedo Deals is an application created to display advertisements and generate the pay-per-click revenue. Generally speaking, its developer receives money when users click on ads and visit particular third-party websites. As has already been mentioned, ads might be shown in the form of coupons, so users click on them believing that they will help them to save some money while shopping online. In some cases, Torpedo Deals might really allow users to find out about the best available deals, but, in some cases, they might be redirected straight to untrustworthy websites after clicking on any of them. Websites promoted by Torpedo Deals might not only have infectious contents, but they might also try to extort the valuable information about users. In particular, personal details. Since this information can be sold quite expensively, bad people seek to obtain this information from users. Do not let information that can identify you end up in the hands of bad people. You can do that by going to uninstall Torpedo Deals right now. For now, it is the only way to stop this undesirable program from performing activities, i.e. providing you with ads/sponsored links promoting suspicious web pages.
Where does Torpedo Deals come from?
The official website where Torpedo Deals can be downloaded from exists, but, in most cases, it is spread by using the deceptive method called bundling. Cyber criminals use this method frequently because they have noticed that it is the easiest way to deliver malware to users’ computers. Torpedo Deals is not installed secretly. Users would find it listed in the setup wizard if they paid more attention to the installation window and do not skip steps when installing new applications.
How can I delete Torpedo Deals?
Users should go to remove Torpedo Deals as soon as possible no matter they have found advertisements irritating or not. It should be possible to implement the Torpedo Deals removal manually by deleting this program through Control Panel. Another way to delete Torpedo Deals is to use a legitimate anti-malware/anti-spyware scanner. Only a legitimate application will erase undesirable software, so if you have even a slightest doubt about the tool you are going to use, you should choose another one for implementing the Torpedo Deals removal. It is worth investing in a good tool only because such a tool will not only remove Torpedo Deals, but will also disable all other threats actively working on the computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Torpedo DealsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Torpedo Deals. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Torpedo Deals and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Torpedo Deals and related programs.
Remove Torpedo Deals from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Torpedo Deals from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Torpedo Deals from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Torpedo Deals from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Torpedo Deals or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Torpedo Deals from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Torpedo Deals from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Torpedo Deals from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Torpedo Deals from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Torpedo Deals and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.