What is Torrentz.to?
If you get redirected to Torrentz.to, also known as Torrents-pro.org when surfing online, it means that you have an ad-supported program installed on your PC. The adware spreads on the Internet together with potentially unwanted programs by attaching itself to free third party software. It affects all well-known browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its effects. In addition to flooding your browsers, the unwanted program also causes other troubles like rerouting you to random sites, slowing down your online surfing speed, and so on. We advise that you delete Torrentz.to related software and thus get rid of its annoying symptoms.
How does Torrentz.to work?
As it has already been mentioned, the ad-supported application travels online in freeware and shareware bundles. This means that you most likely acquired it accidentally. To avoid similar potentially unwanted programs in the future, you should always be attentive during the free software installation process. Make sure that you choose the Advanced or Custom installation mode (instead of the Recommended one) and decline all additional offers presented to you in the wizard.
Once the adware takes over your browsers, it starts rerouting you to Torrentz.to and other unreliable websites. The Torrentz.to page presents you with a search engine that allows you to search the Web for torrent files. The page itself is clearly untrustworthy: every time you click on it, various pop-ups promoting suspicious websites appear on your screen. The adware will bombard your browsers with other adverts as well. It will insert advertising data into all pages that you visit, no matter what their content is. Please keep in mind that the ads are not checked by anyone. They could be fake and clicking on them is not something we would recommend. If you wish to improve your online security level, you should terminate Torrentz.to adware without further delay.
How to remove Torrentz.to?
Fortunately, it is not that difficult to get rid of Torrentz.to ads. You can uninstall the adware manually or automatically. If you go with manual Torrentz.to removal option, you may also need to fix your browser settings, in case they have been altered without your permission. Instructions presented below the article can help you eliminate Torrentz.to manually. If, on the other hand, you decide to go with the more reliable solution, you will need to implement a malware removal tool. You can download the utility from our site. It will perform a full system scan and detect all unwanted components. The anti-malware will erase Torrentz.to and other unsafe files and programs. It will also keep your PC protected from various online parasites you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Torrentz.toUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Torrentz.to. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Torrentz.to and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Torrentz.to and related programs.
Remove Torrentz.to from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Torrentz.to from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Torrentz.to from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Torrentz.to from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Torrentz.to or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Torrentz.to from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Torrentz.to from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Torrentz.to from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Torrentz.to from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Torrentz.to and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.