What is Totopweb.com?
Totopweb.com is a browser hijacker that is identical to Searchguru.online and most likely a few other members of this category. Its main goal is to make money off of you, which is why it changes your browser settings and takes other unwanted actions like flooding you with ads. If you think that switching to a different browser will help you, you should know that the hijacker is compatible with all of them. The only way to get rid of the symptoms that it causes is to terminate Totopweb.com. We suggest that you do that without further delay.
How does Totopweb.com work?
The browser hijacker’s most obvious symptom is the browser settings modifications. It replaces your home page and default search engine with Totopweb.com. The website itself does not look any different from hundreds of other search portals, however, if you make use of its search box, you will get results that will include sponsored links. Advertising data will appear on other pages that you visit as well. There is no way of escaping it as the hijacker inserts ads into all sites regardless of their content. Please keep in mind that the adverts that you see online are not monitored by anyone and they could be fake.
If you interact with fake advertisements, you will risk your computer and your personal data safety. There are multiple scams that you could fall for that are aimed at tricking you into wasting your money on bogus products or services, sharing your personal details, downloading unreliable programs, and so on. It is important for you to be aware of these scams, so that you can avoid them. We suggest that you stay away from all ads until you eliminate Totopweb.com for good.
How to remove Totopweb.com?
There are two possible ways to erase Totopweb.com from your web browsers: manually or automatically. Although manual removal can work, if you follow the instructions correctly, we advise going with the second option instead. It is far more beneficial and effective. If you implement the anti-malware from our website, it will scan your computer and detect all potential troubles. The utility will then delete Totopweb.com along with other threats that it finds. Your PC will be completely clean. More than that, the anti-malware will help you keep it that way in the future by protecting it from various online parasites. The alternative solution is to get rid of Totopweb.com manually. Instructions of manual Totopweb.com removal are presented right below the article and you are welcome to use them for your convenience.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Totopweb.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Totopweb.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Totopweb.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Totopweb.com and related programs.
Remove Totopweb.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Totopweb.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Totopweb.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Totopweb.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Totopweb.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Totopweb.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Totopweb.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Totopweb.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Totopweb.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Totopweb.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.