ToxCrypt virus Removal Guide (Uninstall ToxCrypt virus)
ToxCrypt virus, also known as Tox virus, is a ransomware infection that can enter your computer without your notice. The parasite uses deceptive tactics to spread online including spam emails with malign attachments, fake ads, corrupted links, hacked pages, and so on. It functions in a similar manner to other malware of this type like Bitcryptor Virus, CryptoWall, TeslaCrypt, Alpha Crypt, and more.
The threat targets your data files. It encodes them with a strong encryption algorithm and demands that you pay the ransom in order to get them back. You should not follow the instructions that come from cyber crooks. We advise that you terminate ToxCrypt virus as soon as you can.
How does ToxCrypt virus work?
Although ToxCrypt virus uses different scams to infect your computer, it is especially known for spreading with the help of spam emails with malicious attachments that look like Word documents. Once you download and execute the malign .scr file, the harmful program downloads its other components and gets installed. It then starts encrypting your files including your photos, videos, music, documents, presentations, and other valuable data. After the encryption process is complete, you are presented with a ransom note.
The ransom note states that your files have been encrypted and that the only way to get them back is to pay the ransom of $50. The message goes on to explain how you can make this payment in Bitcoins. You should not follow these instructions, because there are other ways of recovering your files. The parasite does not delete Shadow Volume Copies, which means that you can use Shadow Explorer to restore your files. Moreover, you can use free file decryptors available online, in case the Windows feature does not bring the desired results. Before you move on to decrypting your files, you have to completely eliminate ToxCrypt virus from your computer. The next chapter explains how you can do that.
How to remove ToxCrypt virus?
The only way to safely delete ToxCrypt virus from your PC is by making use of a powerful anti-malware utility. You can download the malware remover from our site. It will scan your system and detect all malicious components that it contains. The security software will delete ToxCrypt virus in its entirety. It will eliminate other threats as well. In addition to ToxCrypt virus removal, the anti-malware will also provide your computer with real-time online protection, so that you can surf the Web safely from now on. Please note that you can only try restoring your files after you remove ToxCrypt virus.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ToxCrypt virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ToxCrypt virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ToxCrypt virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ToxCrypt virus and related programs.
Remove ToxCrypt virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ToxCrypt virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ToxCrypt virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ToxCrypt virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ToxCrypt virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ToxCrypt virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ToxCrypt virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ToxCrypt virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ToxCrypt virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ToxCrypt virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.