What is Trackpackagehome.com?
Trackpackagehome.com is a browser hijacker that comes as a part of a potentially unwanted program advertised as a toolbar that allows you to track your packages. Although this may be how it is promoted, there is more to the app than simply providing you with useful information. As you may have already noticed, the application is ad-supported. That is why it changes your browser settings upon arrival (which is where Trackpackagehome.com comes in) and causes other modifications like inserting adverts into your visited sites. If you no longer wish to deal with the never-ending ads, you should get rid of Trackpackagehome.com.
How does Trackpackagehome.com work?
It is rather likely that the hijacker’s related app arrived onto your computer through other software. When installing freeware and shareware, it is important to pay attention to their wizards, because they come with additional offers. These offers are of potentially unwanted programs and they are pre-selected. If you want to make sure that you only install the software that you actually need, you have to install it in the Advanced mode and deselect all optional components that are offered to you.
Once you install the toolbar, it starts appearing in your browsers at the top of the page. The toolbar contains such buttons as Popular Shippers, Regional Carriers, and Package Delivery. It also presents you with a search box that will bring you sponsored search results. Your home page and default search engine will be changed to Trackpackagehome.com as well. Moreover, the hijacker will flood you with different types of advertisements that will show up on your screen no matter which sites you open. Please note that none of the links are verified, so there is no way to know whether they are safe to follow or not. We urge you not to take any unnecessary risks when it comes to your online security. That is also why we suggest that you eliminate Trackpackagehome.com from your browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove Trackpackagehome.com?
In order to erase Trackpackagehome.com for good, you will also have to uninstall its related application. This should not be too complicated as it is not a malicious infection, so it should appear on the installed programs list. After you delete Trackpackagehome.com associated software, you should be able to restore your browser settings without any issues. Instructions of manual Trackpackagehome.com removal are presented below the article, however, if you want to be certain that there are no other unwanted files or programs on your PC, you should go with automatic removal instead. You can use the anti-malware from our site to terminate Trackpackagehome.com and other threats that may be present in the system. In addition to that, you will ensure your computer’s safety in the future as the malware remover also has malware prevention capabilities and other useful features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Trackpackagehome.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Trackpackagehome.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trackpackagehome.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Trackpackagehome.com and related programs.
Remove Trackpackagehome.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Trackpackagehome.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Trackpackagehome.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Trackpackagehome.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Trackpackagehome.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Trackpackagehome.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Trackpackagehome.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Trackpackagehome.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Trackpackagehome.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Trackpackagehome.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.