TrendsTab Removal Instructions
TrendsTab is advertised as a browser extension that can bring you the latest news by presenting you with currently trending topics.
It may seem like a useful utility, however, you should know that it is classified as a potentially unwanted and ad-supported application. Although the program has an official webpage, the download link provided on it does not work. This means that it travels bundled with freeware and shareware. It is possible that you never intended to acquire the application at all. If that is the case, you should not hesitate to delete TrendsTab for good.
TrendsTab is compatible with all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. It changes your browser settings upon arrival. This includes not only your new tab page, but also your home page and default search provider. This is why the application may also be referred to as a browser hijacker. In addition to the settings modifications, the software also inserts various adverts into all of your visited sites. It does not matter what is the content of the page, you will still see advertisements on it. By promoting its sponsors, the adware makes profit, which means that it will not stop flooding you with ads. Considering the fact that the commercial data slows down your browsing and exposes you to online threats, we suggest that you terminate TrendsTab without hesitation.
If you wish to avoid similar apps in the future, you should be more attentive with the freeware that you download onto your PC. Please note that during the installation of free software, you are very likely to be offered to install additional programs on your computer. These programs are not useful to users as their main purpose is to monetize the free services. In order to avoid them, all you need to do is choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all optional offers presented to you in the wizard.
How to remove TrendsTab?
Luckily, the potentially unwanted app is not malicious, so you can remove TrendsTab manually. If you choose this removal option, you can use the instructions that we have prepared in the manual TrendsTab removal guide below the article. If, however, you want to make sure that you do not have any other unnecessary or even harmful apps in your system, you should uninstall TrendsTab automatically instead. Download the anti-malware tool from our site and use it to scan your system. Once it detect all threats, the utility will delete TrendsTab along with them. Moreover, it will keep your PC shielded from other parasites that you may encounter online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TrendsTabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TrendsTab. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like TrendsTab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall TrendsTab and related programs.
Remove TrendsTab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TrendsTab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TrendsTab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TrendsTab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TrendsTab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TrendsTab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TrendsTab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TrendsTab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TrendsTab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TrendsTab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.