What is Trotux.com?
Trotux is a browser extension that replaces your new tab with Trotux.com. It is powered by Imali Media, a company that is responsible for multiple apps that all function in a similar manner and are aimed at making profit for it. Although the extension has an official webpage and is promoted in Chrome Web Store, it also uses the bundling method to spread online. This means that it is possible that you never wanted to acquire it at all. If that is the case, you have no reason to hesitate with Trotux.com removal.
How does Trotux.com work?
The official page of the application presents it as a “TV Media center” tool that will allow you to watch TV on your computer and provide you with an enhanced search engine. The extension switches your new tab as well as your home page and default search engine to Trotux.com. This website presents you with a toolbar, a search box, and quick access buttons leading to such popular sites as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Gmail, and some others. The search box reroutes you to Plusnetwork.com. This site shows relevant search results, however, these results may contain several sponsored links.
Although the program follows through on its promises to provide you with links to media-related domains, it also inserts unwanted ads into your favorite sites and causes redirects to its sponsored pages in the middle of your browsing. These activities slow down your surfing speed. They also expose you to unsafe advertising data. Interacting with fake ads could lead to serious consequences including malware infections, financial losses, etc. Keep in mind that the hijacker may track your cookies and create personalized advertisements that will look especially beneficial. We advise that you avoid all ads at least until you eliminate Trotux.com from your browsers.
How to remove Trotux.com?
Fortunately, it is not that difficult to delete Trotux.com. You can do that manually or automatically. You will have to uninstall TopTVTab first, and then fix your web browser settings. We have prepared instructions on how to terminate Trotux.com manually below the article. You are welcome to use them, should you choose to go with this option. Alternatively, you can use a malware removal tool from our website to scan and clean your PC automatically. The anti-malware utility will detect all unwanted files and programs present in your system, and erase Trotux.com along with them. If you choose to remove Trotux.com with the security software, you will also make sure that your computer stays safeguarded from other infections that you may encounter on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Trotux.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Trotux.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trotux.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Trotux.com and related programs.
Remove Trotux.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Trotux.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Trotux.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Trotux.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Trotux.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Trotux.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Trotux.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Trotux.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Trotux.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Trotux.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- REMOVE TROTUX HELP WINDOWS 8
- does defender removes trotux
- free software to remove trotux
- trotux blank screen
- trotux removal software
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.