Trovigo.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Trovigo.com)
Trovigo.com is a browser hijacker that usually takes over your browsers after you install a Conduit toolbar. Conduit software often comes with additional components. The hijacker has been especially linked to BT syndication Toolbar and Tuto4pc Toolbar.
It may get set as your home page and default search provider after you install one of these toolbars. The hijacker may also cause redirects to various websites including Trovigo.com itself, Search.conduit.com, and others in the middle of your online surfing. There is no reason why you should tolerate its disruptions. We advise that you delete Trovigo.com as soon as you can.
Once the hijacker takes over, it does not stop at browser settings modifications and redirects. It also floods you with various pop-ups, links, banners, coupons, and other commercial data. This data will appear in your browsers no matter what sites you visit. It will slow down your browsing speed. Worse than that, however, it will also expose you to unsafe websites. Some of the advertisements that the hijacker shows you are completely fake. You should not click on them under any circumstance. They could lead you to corrupted pages, which could result in malware infections and other unwanted consequences.
In addition to the already mentioned symptoms, you should also know that the hijacker tracks your cookies. It records information about your online browsing habits including what pages you visit, what you search for, what adverts you click on, etc. This data can be used for marketing purposes like creating customized ads and it can also be shared with or sold to third parties. Although the hijacker is not likely to collect any personal data, you can never be completely sure of that. Sharing your personally non-identifiable information should not result in any serious issues, but we would still not recommend doing it. Instead, we advise that you terminate Trovigo.com without further delay.
How to remove Trovigo.com?
Trovigo.com removal can be completed manually or automatically. We advise that you remove Trovigo.com automatically, because that way you will also be able to erase other unwanted files and programs from your computer. Furthermore, the anti-malware tool, which you can download from our page, will also provide you with other beneficial features that will help you keep your PC safe and protected in the future. Alternative solution is to try manual Trovigo.com removal. You can delete Trovigo.com manually by uninstalling its related software from your computer and restoring your browser settings. In case you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you are welcome to follow the instructions presented in the manual removal guide below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Trovigo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Trovigo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trovigo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Trovigo.com and related programs.
Remove Trovigo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Trovigo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Trovigo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Trovigo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Trovigo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Trovigo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Trovigo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Trovigo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Trovigo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Trovigo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.