About this threat
Tweakbit.com redirects could be caused by an adware application on your system. The website advertises a potentially unwanted program (PUP) known as Tweakbit and it could be using questionable methods to advertise, such as forcibly redirecting users to their page. Neither the adware nor the program itself are malicious but they are not healthy for your computer.
The adware will constantly redirect you to that website and after a short while, it will become quite annoying. It may also slow down your computer because of the huge amount of ads and redirects. Interestingly enough, the Tweakbit program is a system optimizer and it claims to be able to speed up your computer. So if it’s acting sluggish because of the adware, you get redirected to a program promising to help you, you might actually install it. And if you are wondering how you could have obtained the adware, it was attached to freeware as an extra offer and you did not notice. Do not put up with it and remove Tweakbit.com.
How could it infect my computer?
Adware usually enters a computer when users carelessly install free software. It’s attached as an extra offer and if you do not notice and deselect it, it will install without you even noticing. However, it’s easy to prevent these installations. All you need to do is choose Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation and you will be allowed to uncheck the boxes of all added programs. If you do this, you are ensuring that you will not need to delete Tweakbit.com or similar later on. Refrain from rushing and using Default mode because no added offers will be shown there.
How does it affect my computer?
If you have the adware on your system, it will constantly redirect you. This will happen on all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so you will not get away from ads by switching browsers. The only way to do that would be to uninstall Tweakbit.com adware. Like we said, you will be offered to download a program that supposedly works as an optimization tool. It has a somewhat questionable reputation and is considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by some malware researchers. It ought to supposedly speed up your computer by solving certain issues but in the end, it might do more damage than good. And in any case, you should never download anything that is advertised this way. What you might end up downloading is serious malware instead, so keep that in mind. The only thing you need to do to stop the redirects is remove Tweakbit.com, and we suggest you do it right away.
There are two ways to delete Tweakbit.com. You should choose the one best suiting your skills. If you go with manual Tweakbit.com removal, you will need to find the adware yourself, which might take some time. If you use anti-spyware software, it would take less time because the program would get rid of the adware for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Tweakbit.com RedirectUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Tweakbit.com Redirect. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tweakbit.com Redirect and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tweakbit.com Redirect and related programs.
Remove Tweakbit.com Redirect from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tweakbit.com Redirect from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tweakbit.com Redirect from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tweakbit.com Redirect from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tweakbit.com Redirect or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tweakbit.com Redirect from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tweakbit.com Redirect from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tweakbit.com Redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tweakbit.com Redirect from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tweakbit.com Redirect and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.