What is Uc123.com?
Uc123.com is a browser hijacker that can get into your computer when you install freeware. Even though some users might think otherwise, Uc123.com is not a malicious computer virus and it will not harm your computer directly. However, it will make unwanted changes to your browser and might redirect you to sponsored websites. Browser hijackers exist to generate traffic for sponsored websites and are not actually useful to regular users. While it will not harm your computer by itself, it might be able to lead you to dangerous websites, where you could end up downloading malware onto your computer. Before this could potentially happen, we suggest you erase Uc123.com.
Why should you delete Uc123.com?
If you want to avoid such unwanted installations in the future, you need to be aware of how Uc123.com and similar potentially unwanted applications spread. They enter your computer along with free software and install along with it as well. You are not even asked to allow it, if you use Default settings, you are automatically giving them permission to install. If you want to control what gets installed onto your computer, use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will allow you to deselect any added item. In the long run, this will save you loads of time because you will not need to struggle with having to remove Uc123.com or similar infections.
When Uc123.com installs onto your computer, it will take over your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. You might not be permitted to change the settings back, unless you first remove Uc123.com. The website has many links to various different websites, banks, news websites, TV shows, basically everything you could possibly need. It also has a search bar that redirects you to the baidu.com search engine. We don’t suggest you press on anything because you could be redirected to weird websites. Especially if you do not speak the language. You could be redirected to a questionable website and might end up downloading malware onto your computer. This can happen with a lot of browser hijackers because they do not care where they redirect you to as long as they do. If you do not speak the language, you probably don’t even need reasons why you should uninstall Uc123.com. But if you do, we suggest you look into more reliable websites. We recommend you delete Uc123.com immediately.
The quickest way to uninstall Uc123.com would be to use anti-malware software. If you do not have such a program, you can opt for manual Uc123.com removal. Instructions to help you fully eliminate Uc123.com will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Uc123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Uc123.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Uc123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Uc123.com and related programs.
Remove Uc123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Uc123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Uc123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Uc123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Uc123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Uc123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Uc123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Uc123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Uc123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Uc123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.