uk.minehp.com is a highly dubious web page that has been set as your homepage without your consent. It is considered to be a browser hijacker as it installs without the knowledge of the user, takes control of browsers, as well as attempts to redirect users to sponsored websites. It will not harm your computer directly as its primary purpose is to make pay-per-click revenue. It installs along with free software and usually the user does not notice until the hijacker has already taken over the browser. However, there are ways to prevent this from happening. While hijackers are not malicious themselves, they can easily lead users to corrupted websites, where malware could be obtained. If you do not wish to put your computer in any danger, you will have to remove uk.minehp.com.
How does uk.minehp.com spread?
It is very easy to get your computer infected with a browser hijacker. The way it happens is, it is attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside the software. When installing free software, you need to choose Advanced (Custom) settings because you can deselect bundled items there. Just uncheck the box of the added item and that will prevent it from installing. If you rush through the installation process in Default settings you will end up installing all added items as those settings do not allow you to deselect anything. If you do not want to go through the trouble of having to delete uk.minehp.com or other unwanted items, you need to always choose Advanced.
Why uninstall uk.minehp.com?
Once uk.minehp.com installs onto your computer, it will take over your browsers and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. It will hijack all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and change settings. The changes cannot be undone unless you take the time to delete uk.minehp.com. Every time you enter the website, you will be bombarded with pop-ups or your anti-malware software will notify you about blocked pages. Anywhere you click, a pop-up will appear on your screen. We do not suggest you click on anything displayed on the website. We also suggest you stay away from the provided search engine as it could expose you to sponsored content. The sites you are redirected to could very easily be malicious, which means you might end up picking up malware. You need to remove uk.minehp.com as soon as possible.
There are two ways to uninstall uk.minehp.com. You can either do it yourself or you can allow a reliable removal tool to take care of uk.minehp.com removal for you. The latter option is the quickest solution as the program will do everything for you. If you choose to erase uk.minehp.com manually, you will have to locate uk.minehp.com yourself and that could be tricky.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove uk.minehp.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall uk.minehp.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like uk.minehp.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall uk.minehp.com and related programs.
Remove uk.minehp.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall uk.minehp.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete uk.minehp.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove uk.minehp.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for uk.minehp.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete uk.minehp.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase uk.minehp.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove uk.minehp.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall uk.minehp.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable uk.minehp.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.