UltimateGamer.info Removal Instructions
UltimateGamer.info is a search engine aimed at people who play games primarily. It is created by ClientConnect Ltd., and it seems to be a really useful search engine at first sight. Unfortunately, we do not think that it is as beneficial as it claims to be.
Actually, you should never judge the book by its cover especially when we talk about search engines because the majority of unreliable ones look decent, but the truth is that they might put system at risk really quickly. UltimateGamer.info is one of those search engines. In fact, specialists usually classify this search engine as a browser hijacker because it tends to appear on all the browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox without permission. If you have already noticed the presence of this search engine, go for the UltimateGamer.info removal right now even though it looks completely decent.
Why is it dangerous to use UltimateGamer.info?
Even though UltimateGamer.info will really allow you to search for the information and access other popular gaming websites, we do not recommend keeping it for one main reason – this search engine might provide you with sponsored content. This content consists of various third-party links and advertisements. Unfortunately, there is a possibility to click on such a link and end up on the website full of malicious software. Therefore, it would be best to uninstall UltimateGamer.info completely and set another search provider instead of it. Another reason why we do not think that UltimateGamer.info can be fully trusted is the fact that this search engine gathers information about users. This information is usually non-personal, but who can guarantee that it will not touch any personal details? If you want to keep browsing-related data to yourself, remove UltimateGamer.info right now and never look back.
How did UltimateGamer.info enter my system?
As has been mentioned, UltimateGamer.info is classified as a browser hijacker for its ability to enter and apply changes without permission. According to the researchers, UltimateGamer.info has probably entered your system because you have downloaded a PDF creator or another free application. Yes, this hijacker tends to travel together with them. In order not to encounter similar threats in the future, you have to install a security tool on your system. In addition, we highly recommend that you pay attention to the setup wizard while installing new software because you might be able to deselect unwanted programs and thus prevent them from being installed. Last but not least, it would be clever to download programs from their official websites only as well.
How to delete UltimateGamer.info from my browsers?
There are two ways to remove UltimateGamer.info browser hijacker. In order to implement the UltimateGamer.info removal easily and quickly, you should download and install a reputable security tool and then simply scan your system with it. Another thing that you can do is to terminate UltimateGamer.info browser hijacker manually. This method is slightly more difficult because you will have to delete UltimateGamer.info via Control Panel and then erase its extensions.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove UltimateGamer.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall UltimateGamer.info. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like UltimateGamer.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall UltimateGamer.info and related programs.
Remove UltimateGamer.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall UltimateGamer.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete UltimateGamer.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove UltimateGamer.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for UltimateGamer.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete UltimateGamer.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase UltimateGamer.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove UltimateGamer.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall UltimateGamer.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable UltimateGamer.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.