Uncheckit Virus Removal Guide
Uncheckit is promoted as a valuable application that can help you avoid potentially unwanted programs. It is supposed to save you time by highlighting the check-boxes of unwanted apps and warning you when these apps attempt to get access to your computer without your notice. If the software actually worked, it would be a useful tool.
Unfortunately, it does not. As the application does not function the way it is supposed to, there is no point in keeping it installed. We recommend that you delete Uncheckit Virus from your computer without delay.
How does Uncheckit Virus work?
Uncheckit has an official website, uncheckit.com, where it can be downloaded. However, if the application has appeared in your system seemingly out of nowhere, it means that you most likely acquired it together with other freeware. If so, the program uses the bundling distribution method, which is also employed by most potentially unwanted apps. Moreover, the software may not be the only unwanted program on your PC. It has been linked to Search.siviewer.com and Hohosearch.com. These browser hijackers can alter your browser settings without your authorization and cause other disruptions.
Uncheckit may be referred to as a virus by computer users, however, it does not actually belong to that category. Instead, it can be classified as an ad-supported application, because it inserts advertising data into your browsers. The adverts will appear on your screen no matter where you choose to go online. They will include pop-ups, in-text links, banners, coupons, and so on. The commercial data will not only slow down your browsing speed, but it will also expose you to unreliable pages. The ads are not monitored by anyone, so they could be fake and clicking on them could lead to unsafe sites containing scams. Since there is nothing beneficial about the application and it only lowers your online safety level, we advise that you remove Uncheckit Virus as soon as you can.
How to remove Uncheckit Virus?
Luckily, you can eliminate Uncheckit Virus from your PC without much difficulty. Although you can uninstall Uncheckit Virus manually via Control Panel (detailed instructions presented below), we recommend that you go with the automatic removal instead. As it has been mentioned above, the program rarely travels alone, which means that you are likely to have other unwanted apps on your computer. If you download the anti-malware utility from our site, it will detect all potential threats, and delete Uncheckit Virus along with them. In addition to Uncheckit Virus removal, the security tool will also provide you with real-time online protection from similar and more serious online parasites.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Uncheckit AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Uncheckit Ads. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Uncheckit Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Uncheckit Ads and related programs.
Remove Uncheckit Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Uncheckit Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Uncheckit Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Uncheckit Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Uncheckit Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Uncheckit Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Uncheckit Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Uncheckit Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Uncheckit Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Uncheckit Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.