Unlock92 Virus Removal Guide (Uninstall Unlock92 Virus)
Unlock92 Virus is a ransomware infection that is practically identical to another program of this type called Kozy.Jozy. It aims at making money off of computer users by corrupting their data and claiming that they need to make a payment in order to restore it.
The ransomware spreads online using various distribution means like spam emails, corrupted links, hacked websites, fake adverts, and so on. It is very easy to unwittingly infect your computer, especially if you are not careful online. We advise that you do not pay the cyber crooks a cent and terminate Unlock92 Virus right away.
How does Unlock92 Virus work?
Unlock92 Virus starts the encryption process as soon as it infiltrates your computer. It uses the RSA-2048 asymmetric algorithm and encodes such files as your photos, audios, videos, documents, presentations, and so on. All encrypted files have the “.CRRRT” or “.CCCRRRPPP” extension added to them. These files are no longer accessible to you. After the encryption is complete, the malware creates a ransom note and places it into all folders that contain corrupted files. The note is written in Russian and it states that your files have been encrypted. It then instructs you to send one encrypted file and the Key.bin file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you actually do that, you will get further instructions on how to make a payment that could potentially get you your files back. Of course, there are no guarantees that you will actually recover your files, even if you do pay the cyber crooks off. We urge you against wasting your money like that, especially considering that there is a way to restore your data for free. Michael Gillespie has developed a decryption tool that can decode your data. It is called Unlock92Decrypter. Please note that decrypting your files is not enough, you have to delete Unlock92 Virus from your computer as well.
How to remove Unlock92 Virus?
There is no question that you should remove Unlock92 Virus from your computer as soon as you can. In order to delete Unlock92 Virus in its entirety, you will have to make use of a reputable anti-malware application. You can acquire the security software on our webpage. It will perform a full system scan and detect all malign elements. The utility will eliminate Unlock92 Virus along with other threats that it finds. In addition to Unlock92 Virus removal, you will also make sure that your PC stays safe in the future as the utility will provide you with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Unlock92 VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Unlock92 Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Unlock92 Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Unlock92 Virus and related programs.
Remove Unlock92 Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Unlock92 Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Unlock92 Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Unlock92 Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Unlock92 Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Unlock92 Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Unlock92 Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Unlock92 Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Unlock92 Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Unlock92 Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.