What is Update.googleapis.com?
Some anti-virus tools flag the Update.googleapis.com website as unsafe and malicious. In reality, however, the page is legitimate and it is used as an update checker. The reason it may get detected as unreliable is because your security tool or your browser may be out-of-date. If your software is out-of-date, it could present you with multiple false positives and other incomplete or incorrect data. Moreover, it could miss some potential threats that may infiltrate your PC and cause actual troubles. On top of that, there is also always a possibility that a malign item is using the name of the legitimate website, in which case you should get rid of Update.googleapis.com immediately.
How does Update.googleapis.com work?
There is a number of ways how malicious and potentially unwanted programs spread online. You may infect your computer by visiting a corrupted site or clicking on a fake advertisement. Above all, you should watch out for a deceptive distribution method called bundling. When you download free third-party software, it comes in a bundle with other programs. You are offered to add these programs onto your PC. The apps may not be as useful as they claim to be, in fact, some of them may even be harmful. We advise that you avoid installing them by deselecting all optional components from the wizard.
Update.googleapis.com belongs to Google. It gets flagged by the outdated Avast anti-malware tool with the following message shown to the user: “Connection to Update.googleapis.com has been aborted because of URL:Phishing”. If you are constantly interrupted by this message, you need to update your security tool. If that does not help, you can try to update your browser or clear your cache. You may also want to use another malware prevention utility to make sure that you do not have any unwanted files and programs on your computer. In case the same malign threat is detected by other security software as well, you will have to terminate Update.googleapis.com.
How to remove Update.googleapis.com?
If the same alert comes up even after you complete the above-mentioned steps (including scanning your PC with a different security tool, which you can acquire on our page), it means that you are dealing with a serious infection and you have to remove Update.googleapis.com. The best way to delete Update.googleapis.com for good is by using a reliable malware removal application. The malware remover presented on our page will detect all unsafe items and eliminate Update.googleapis.com with them. In addition to Update.googleapis.com removal, the software will also protect your system from various infections you may catch online.
Download Removal Toolto remove Update.googleapis.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Update.googleapis.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Update.googleapis.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Update.googleapis.com and related programs.
Remove Update.googleapis.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Update.googleapis.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Update.googleapis.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Update.googleapis.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Update.googleapis.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Update.googleapis.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Update.googleapis.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Update.googleapis.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Update.googleapis.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Update.googleapis.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.